Read by Council More Logic Gates: NAND, NOR, XOR, XNOR, PULSE

Should we expand the current logic?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
    • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • I don't care; I don't use the game's logic.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Happy.png Markus_McCloud here with a fairly simple proposal:
    Could we add more logic blocks to the game? Most of these are just single-block forms of already possible logic.

NAND and NOR: A bit redundant, but it's one less block you have to place.

XOR and XNOR: I'm not exactly sure if this is possible with current logic, but even if it is, why not make a simplified form of it?

PULSE: Essentially a one-block clock configuration. Once it receives an ON signal, it constantly alternates between ON and OFF until the first signal turns OFF.

Like I said, these already exist in game, but a compact version of these would theoretically be more efficient.

Reactions: JNC

winggar

That One Nerd
    Reaction score
    Yeah, that would be nice. I've made XOR and XNOR gates before, and it's really tedious. Of these I would only go for adding the XOR gate, and maybe PULSE, because adding a not to a gate isn't that big a problem. (To me, anyways)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    the XOR has already been suggested before and is recognized by Schine:
    Recognized - XOR Gate
    Any further discussion specifically on the XOR should be made on that thread.

I'm not sure if NOT forms of single block gates are warranted or a one block clock as well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    While I agree that perhaps NOT forms of single block gates may not be warranted a pulse block would (IMHO) be very nice to have to reduce the size of clock systems.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would also recommend a "RAND" block, which is a Pulse block with a randomized short clock cycle. Great for things like flickering lights, deathtraps, gambling games, or other effects.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I would also recommend a "RAND" block, which is a Pulse block with a randomized short clock cycle. Great for things like flickering lights, deathtraps, gambling games, or other effects.
    You're absolutely right.

Auriga_Nexus

Befriender of Worlds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've made a simple pulse clock by connecting a NOT and a DELAY clock together in both directions, then temporarily attaching a button to one and pressing it. It was very useful for creating alternating red-blue flashers for my Time-Space Administration Bureau police ships. That said, I don't really see the necessity of having a single block for that, nor for having NAND and NOR gates - it seems for the latter two you need only connect an AND/OR to a NOT. XOR I can see being a thing, as well as the RAND block.

That being said, what I'd really like to see is something along the lines of a 'Processor' block. Think of it as like a container for logic blocks, that accepts different inputs and creates an output based on an internal logic circuit which you can create by drag-dropping existing logic blocks onto a grid. This would save block space and allow you to have complex control circuits in a more practical form.

Reaction score
    I know this has been suggested many times before but YES PLEASE GIVE THIS TO US.

Reaction score
    I don't really see the necessity of having a single block for that, nor for having NAND and NOR gates
    You can create all logical functions with just NAND blocks, so it being a single block would be convenient.

NOR also covers the entire logical function space.

Reactions: FatCobra