More bugfixes (0.106)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello players,

Multisided gravity should now finally work as intended.

Here is the changelog:
    - fixed possible server crash on invalid docking update
    - fixed object being declared as modified blueprint after it already has fully spawned (and then blocks where added afterwards)
    - fixed gravity bug where player would already be in velocity when activating the gravity block
    - fixed gravity (pointing somewhere other than downwards) warping the player to a seemingly random position
    - fixed glitching of active object when astronaut gets suddenly thrown out of an object(e.g. /destroy_entity was used on a ship with a player in it)
    - in case of emergency shutdown (forced termination from outside by an admin) the database will no longer attempt to compact itself (as that may under rare circumstances cause corruption)
    - fixed gravity bug where player would suddenly be put out of gravity. Also made some gravity blocks look like they weren't working at all (since it was instantly stopped). Gravity lifts should now finally be usable
    - added gradient to adv build mode block preview
    - added extra alpha for block preview in adv build mode, so that blocks that are completely transparent cans till be easily seen
    - improved lighting for back-shading being better handled with block light
    - fixed shadow not working in the last version
    - improved lighting for block light to illuminate shadowed areas better
    - fixed crash in sun sectors with shadows (light was at zero pos)
    - included tolerance for modified blueprints (server cfg). New version blueprints should be more resilient against falsely triggering blueprint modification. Still, please make sure the object is fully loaded before saving a blueprint
    - kupu updated normal maps
    - fixed build box flickering when trying to build in build mode on a moving object
    - fixed bug in recursive price calculation of blueprints+docked

Please be especially careful with this pre-build if you plan to use it on a server, and even in single player please make sure you backup your database before you use this build. Also please don't use this build to work on big projects, as i can't guarantee the data generated by the pre-build to be 100% error free, because a database migration has to be done from the old version.

You can download the build here: http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140212_190421.zip (will be available ~10 min after this was posted)

http://files.star-made.org/build/pre/starmade-build_20140212_230541.zip

(The username and password is "dev")

This version will be installed on play.star-made.org:4242 to test.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    A lot of these are issues that have been persistant on our server.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So many bugs have been sqaushed more like schema the exterminator.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Would anyone happen to have the tools to replace those initials with our beloved developer\'s avatar\'s face?

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thank you Schema for fixing the crash problems, I can\'t wait to test it out, great work, great work master programmer Schema!

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I tested the pre-built, on my AMD computer, the graphics drivers dies out or stop using opengl but on my Intel and nvidia graphics drivers work pretty well. This is a big problem Schema, if most users, use AMD/ATI cards on their computers they wouldn\'t be able to play, I know most people from my area use AMD/ATI cards. But I can still use my Nvidia card for this game. But if you fix this problem, you might get more people to play your game even buy it for their computers that use AMD/ATI cards.

How did I test my AMD computer with the game, I changed every settings on the game, and on the graphics card drivers updated it too, overclocked it to the max with high fan speed. Drivers are stable but when everything loads drivers stop responding. I lower the settings in the game with high settings on the card in overclocked drivers still stop responding next I set both in lower settings same thing.

Next I turned off my AMD computer and used my Intel Nvidia computer played the game and it works.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It used to be the other way around, the game had tons of issues with Nvidia cards and almost none with ATI.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yep, now I\'ll be testing it on Arch Linux, that was just windows 7. I wonder if the drivers will act differently in a different OS when playing the pre-build starmade.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yep, now I\'ll be testing it on Arch Linux, that was just windows 7. I wonder if the drivers will act differently in a different OS when playing the pre-build starmade.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can the cubatom crafting system be the next that\'s fixed? On tight economy servers it could be a real lifesaver... if there are a few things fixed on it.

1. Sometimes a component is locked when splitting and you can\'t split any other block, just that single one.
    2. batch refining should be added to the Refine section. clicking 255 times is a pain in the ass
    3. Sometimes it just gives up working and doesn\'t let you click on the OK button at all.