Modernized Skid Racing

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My updated racer got the same block count and nearly the same mass. Utilizing different types of hull to shift the CoM works quite well now :D

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I won't be fooling with more racers until I actually race. :3

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    I won't be fooling with more racers until I actually race. :3
    You're in luck! I'll be running a test version of my race track on Shattered Skies this week, likely Tuesday and Thursday around 6pm CST. I'd prefer to run my class of racer (thrust-class) but I'm curious to see how the push-class racers do on my track. I'm going to be doing some adjustments to the track likely tonight, but hopefully this will be the start of finalizing the process before running official race events on my stream. Anyone is welcome to come race, and once I get the planet in a sector I'll be sure to share it's location here. Hope to see some of you guys on the track!

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Do the thruster-class racer have the same restrictions regarding mass etc. like the push-class racers?

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Do the thruster-class racer have the same restrictions regarding mass etc. like the push-class racers?
    I'm currently sorting out max allowed dimensions (probably somewhere around 3x8), but max mass will be somewhere around 4.5, with only one thruster module. This allows cars to get relatively good speed, while keeping them mostly grounded on the planet, instead of easily flying into orbit.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Here you go.

It´s currently 4.4 mass but one of the wedges is standard armor and can be exchanged to advanced armor to get 4.5 mass.

Reactions: Lecic

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Okay everybody RaceWorld is officially in Public Space on the Shattered Skies server! The planet is at sector 7, 70, 4 (three sectors from spawn). You can bring any survival character, or to make it easiest you can create a new character with the prefix "Racer_" in front of your name, so you can start at spawn and move straight to the planet.

If you want to race I've got the first track ready for public use. You can race any time you'd like, and can in fact do an "official" start by using your core beam on the activator next to the starting line. This will close the starting brackets of the starting grid, and start the light sequence. When the lights hit green the doors automatically open and you can go. I'll be running another round of test races thursday from 6-8pm CST on my stream but then next week I'm hoping to start official races. Also feel free to leave your cars in the garage behind the WIP Grand Stands. There are faction permission docking areas down there that you're free to use. Have fun and I hope to see you out there!

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to inform you that I will be resurrecting skid racing competitions on the NFD Build Server.

With the lack of organised non-combat events around, I decided "fuckit, let's resurrect skidracing" and here I am.

If anyone has sector-exports of their old tracks, pass them over to me and I'll have them spawned in NFD server for evaluation.

I will be making my own thread with further details about the new competition.

NEW THREAD HERE - THIS ONE

Last edited: