Modernized Skid Racing

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Anyone know if CyberTaos track (-12 -12 -12) and my track (-12 -12 -14) are still on NFD? According to nauv he was on the server and couldn't find either of them.
    Found yours or at least the nav coordinate but at Cyber's place there is no trace of any planets nor planet parts

Reaction score
    So basically...F-zero? Count me in. Got a server up and running with this? Weekly races? It's quite the nice idea.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    So basically...F-zero? Count me in. Got a server up and running with this? Weekly races? It's quite the nice idea.
    No dedicated server or anything, just a few tracks thrown on the NFD build server, racers can be assembled by just poking those online or asking in chat really.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Okay guys, so after re-watching some of my old videos, I decided I want to make another skidracing track. It's rather unfortunate, but the sector export I had for my dodecahedron track has been lost, so I'm going to have to make another track entirely. I'll probably be streaming my progress, as long as it doesn't bore people too much. However I won't be able to get it done in any reasonable amount of time alone. If anyone is interested in helping once I've got the rough track path laid out, I'd be more than happy to create a seperate faction on Shattered Skies just for skid race track builders. Let me know what you think.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Okay guys, so after re-watching some of my old videos, I decided I want to make another skidracing track. It's rather unfortunate, but the sector export I had for my dodecahedron track has been lost, so I'm going to have to make another track entirely. I'll probably be streaming my progress, as long as it doesn't bore people too much. However I won't be able to get it done in any reasonable amount of time alone. If anyone is interested in helping once I've got the rough track path laid out, I'd be more than happy to create a seperate faction on Shattered Skies just for skid race track builders. Let me know what you think.

I'd be up for that. :D

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    I'll do some planet-hunting tonight then and we can start a community skid-race track build on Shattered Skies. :) I'll probably find the planet, do some rough planning, then move it over to a build sector when it's ready for other players to jump in.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Here is the planet I'll be using for the new Race World. Once I've mapped out the tracks I'll be opening it up to a community build at which point I'd love assistance so I can actually get it done. :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Make sure it has canyons and super jump ramps to beat Sebulba!

BTW CNY will be producing a Skid Racer Series shortly. :D

Reactions: Winterhome

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Introducing the CNY Series 1 Skid Racer!

Reactions: Lecic

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    So with the recent changes to block mass values, guess what legacy racers have made a comeback! :D 4.5 mass 4.4 thrust, weighted so that the center of mass is as far forward as I could get it.

Also work on pioneering the tracks is coming along rather well, I've got 2 plates down, with one plate starting actual track progress. Once I get the rest of the routes planned on the other plates you'll all be welcome to come join up and help get this thing running! I'd like to get races going soon, as I'm hoping to stream them, since I've started streaming every week night it will give me something consistent to showcase to folks.

Reactions: Top 4ce

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    So the planet is coming along pretty well, first track should be ready in a week or two. I'm planning to stream races regularly, but I have a question for you guys. Would you rather see daily races every other week? Or every other day each week? I have another type of event that I'll be running with the same schedule but on alternating times. My current plan is to either alternate which one I'm doing each day, or do one for a full week and alternate weeks.

Would you guys have any preference?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Every other days seems about right. If you go everyday people might burn out on it, and every other week is too long a gap, meaning people will forget/lose interest, or do daily races themselves and burn themselves out.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Every other days seems about right. If you go everyday people might burn out on it, and every other week is too long a gap, meaning people will forget/lose interest, or do daily races themselves and burn themselves out.
    ^ I pretty much agree with that.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Alright, sounds good. I'll most likely do the BattleBox Monday and Wednesday, and Skid Racing Tuesday and Thursday. Thanks for the input. :)

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Every plate on the planet is pioneered, and the first track is nearly done! That means that come next tuesday I should be able to start streaming skid races on Shattered Skies!

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Every plate on the planet is pioneered, and the first track is nearly done! That means that come next tuesday I should be able to start streaming skid races on Shattered Skies!
    nice! prepare one racer with a special paint job for me :D heheh

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Will racers be using their build accounts to avoid unforeseen circumstances?

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Will racers be using their build accounts to avoid unforeseen circumstances?
    Nah, racer's can use any account they like. The sector will be protected and peaceful unless I start doing Death Races, then I'll only turn that off for the duration of the race. As I find people who I trust and want to build additional tracks, I'll probably pull their build accounts into the build sector for the planet to work on additional plates.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

I've got my skid racer ready.

Hey Azereiah, since mass and blocks aren't necessarily the same thing anymore, does that mean our ships need to be under 53 blocks, or 5.3 mass, as before?