Missilespam, Point Defense's OP & UPness, and Turret Lag

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have a great solution. When someone fires so many swarmers, or builds a ship too big, or has too many docked entities that it starts breaking the server I open chat and say "oi, please cut that server breaking shit out. Thank you" :D

Works amazingly well surprisingly enough. The simplest solutions often do. 2000-3000 heat seekers bringing your server to a halt? Set a cap in the server rules maybe? ;)

Rule 1.0 Do stupid and break the server and you'll be warned, kicked and possibly banned. :confused:

You're welcome. :)
    Works until you got 10'000 rules and a "public server".

Reaction score
    I have a great solution. When someone fires so many swarmers, or builds a ship too big, or has too many docked entities that it starts breaking the server I open chat and say "oi, please cut that server breaking shit out. Thank you" :D

Works amazingly well surprisingly enough. The simplest solutions often do. 2000-3000 heat seekers bringing your server to a halt? Set a cap in the server rules maybe? ;)

Rule 1.0 Do stupid and break the server and you'll be warned, kicked and possibly banned. :confused:

You're welcome. :)
    You would just get people missile-spamming as much as possible without endangering the server, and it still upsets the balance.
    People may sometimes go ballistic anyways(probably depending if mods are online).

Server rules and moderator strain should(ideally) not be necessary. The game should simply not incentivize actions that break the server. E.G. don't ram your ship into a planet, it'll blow up.