Mirror mirror on the wall, will schema fix his game at all?

Salvaging = rekt servers?

• YES

Votes: 18 54.5%
    • NO

Votes: 10 30.3%
    • I don't know I play SP like a babby

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Why are you consulting mirror comrade? Magic conch shell provides one true answer.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You could make a rule on your server banning orbital mining. Instead, everyone would use quarries - ships on rails propelled by push/pull beams.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Yeah on the note of banning planetary mining, shields would become nigh impossible to make, as the two ores required to make them are only found on blue roids, which are exceedingly rare.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Simple solution, don't Freakin mine planets. They don't give you that many resources anyway. With a decent speed salvager, you can get just as many shards and ore mining asteroids as you can a planet. They respawn to. They are also a lower percentage of junk blocks. The chabaz, larimar, varis, etc, are all usable in creating. The various rock, sand, and purple stuff is not. 1 hour of asteroid mining today left me with several hundred thousand of each ore and shard.

Just stop mining planets.

Ps, i have proven that an effective miner sweeping quickly across a planets surface kills ping in seconds. We're talking from 100 ping to 23000 ping in the matter of seconds.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422503039,1422502954][/DOUBLEPOST]If you need that specific ore, find it on a planet and then mine that specific plate with a tiny salvager, or by hand.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Simple solution, don't Freakin mine planets. They don't give you that many resources anyway. With a decent speed salvager, you can get just as many shards and ore mining asteroids as you can a planet. They respawn to. They are also a lower percentage of junk blocks. The chabaz, larimar, varis, etc, are all usable in creating. The various rock, sand, and purple stuff is not. 1 hour of asteroid mining today left me with several hundred thousand of each ore and shard.

Just stop mining planets.

Ps, i have proven that an effective miner sweeping quickly across a planets surface kills ping in seconds. We're talking from 100 ping to 23000 ping in the matter of seconds.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422503039,1422502954][/DOUBLEPOST]If you need that specific ore, find it on a planet and then mine that specific plate with a tiny salvager, or by hand.

I kek'd

Reaction score
    I think the game could do with a way to mine planets without tearing them apart. I would suggest planetary mining bases or something similar, that extract ores and crystals whilst leaving the planet intact, stopping the game from having to render all those blocks being removed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Kepticks thread.

Thread done.
    Might be the only way. Although I kinda like seeing the ecological damage and ruination to planets that surface scraping does.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Might be the only way. Although I kinda like seeing the ecological damage and ruination to planets that surface scraping does.
    yeah i agree, the current salvaging needs to exist. maybe if you could get some form of planet extractors the gigantic 1000 output salvagers will be less common. less lag. but the issue still needs to be fixed imo

Reactions: BDLS
    Reaction score
    @OP As server host I've had this issue as well and my logs have been posting about 13 days ago by a SM tester on our server who I passed our logs to, http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1580#note-7

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, it's really frustrating to have players quit and claim the server is laggy, etc, when it's completely out of my control. Soon enough players will realize all servers have this issue, oh well.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    I'm owning a server with above a gig ram, SSD and enough processor to handle anything two players can throw at it.

Yet, an unique player mass-harvesting a single planet with a (medium?) havest ship and the ping skyrockets.

That is, above the expectable lag from all these bocks edits (which should be reduced considering SSD rw times), there is something broken in the game, technically.

Besides, it's not really normal to be able to completely mine a whole planet in less than an hour. Bigger planets with scarcer ore can be a solution; players won't have any reason to mine them anymore.
    I'll try and see if the performance dropdown is considerable enough to make bigger planets prohibitive.