Mining Drone solution

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    In other people are still having mining drone issues with drones that previously worked just sitting still despite the fleet saying their mining, here is a solution i'm using for this problem.

Exit starmade completely

In the starmade directoy, delete the client-database directory

restart starmade, rejoin your server.

reorder the drones to mine.

This solution is working for me.

Reaction score
    Thanks, I was pulling my hair out why my drones suddenly wouldn't mine any longer. The suggested workaround did the trick.

Now on to find out exactly what in client-database causes the issue...

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Are you sure the same doesn't happen if you do the same without deleting the client-database directory?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hm, I had the same problem, but in my single player universe I fixed the unwilling mining drones by deleting the server.cfg file in the root installation folder. I had read about deleting the client database folder, but when I tried that it didn't make any difference for me.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    Thanks, I was pulling my hair out why my drones suddenly wouldn't mine any longer. The suggested workaround did the trick.

Now on to find out exactly what in client-database causes the issue...
    Are you sure the same doesn't happen if you do the same without deleting the client-database directory?
    You mean just pulling out my hair? :D No, that didn't help.

Joking aside, I'm pretty certain I logged out, restarted the server, and logged back in with no effect. Later I found this thread, stopped both client and server, deleted the client-database directory tree, and only after that the order to mine would take effect again.

Will try to document better should it happen again.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    From what I see, this bug has been present for a good while. Any chance of a dev fix soon?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I have been having this happen almost every time I start mining for the day. Then I noticed a pattern.

If I fly to a sector, Undock the drones and tell them to mine, they just sit there. Clearing the cash dosent fix it, but manual removal of the folder does.

But if i fly one sector over from where i want to mine, then Undock and issue a move fleet command to get them into the sector to mine in, the mining starts working again.