MH(medium harvester) ship buildlog

Reaction score
    Since i am still being more public on my ship construction i am going to be showing the progress on a WIP ship i am doing.

Q: Why are you making that ship?
    A: Due to the new, larger asteroids, i require a ship than is capable of harvesting faster and with more cargo volume than my LH which i have updated to a 203 block+- cargo bay(still not published, was very recent)

I have made a very bad drawing i made on diptrace schematic editor of the current plan for the ship shell design, it will change quite a lot in detail obviously.

The harvesting array will measure around 65x66x30*2 at harvest-AMC

Front pic:

Do not mind that orange monstrosity on the left side of the pic, it is just a unfinished medium destroyer i am making based on a wakefield 882.

Some of my other creations: (not that good looking, but some say they are actually good looking, well, at least some of them)
    Mirage's ship registration(pic heavy)[WIP registration]

Will post progress pics when significant progress has been made, at a max of 1 post per day.
    Estimated completion of the shell design: 8-25 days(started at 26-6-'16)

Last edited:
    Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    Build update:

I have changed a few design choices as it would certainly happen and got also a extra plan for the thruster design.

The thruster colours are derived from the visible spectrum energy it also looks quite nice, so no complains from me.

As might be seem the orange T1 hull is a placeholder and so, i would like to have suggestions on 2/3 colours i should use for the ship, unusual colours preferred, for now i am thinking in something like yellow and green but i am not sure if that is a good combination, and also if the center 2 engines should get more "detailing" or not, i usually like to keep things simple, but i am not sure if i shall add something else, for now i lack ideas.(meaning if you got some suggestions, fell free to PM ou reply to this topic, i will be grateful)

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    Those center two engines need to be extended out from the hull. You can even keep the shiny bits right where they are and add a, say, black, case around the outside. That back is just too flat. Then add some vents or exhaust or whatnot below and above them. Maybe some access ports. You're killin me with that flat face. Also, the two big engines could use some depth on the glowy blue parts - it's just kinda flat, especially after the purple area and the detailing in there. But nice color switching. Perhaps try just recessing the blue part one block more than the other parts. I like the details on the front, just waiting for more around the rest of the ship ;). Really good job so far.

Reaction score
    This time i required to place more pictures.

I did try some of your suggestions starwars(tried having ice crystal 1 block deeper than rammet) but i lack the knowledge to know what "access port" means, and unfortunately for you, most of my ship backs are flat because i am incompetent at ship construction i am also restricting myself on the ship lenght, currently it is at 147m and i wish to keep it bellow 150m, but for most of the time spent, i didn't do anything on the back of the engines, after i might refine the things.

That display on the center is me remembering than i forgot to add my IFDD on the ship.(In Flight Data Display)

Basically what i have done is the air-intakes and also started on the "interior"(9.1k block cargo bay+core room)+top mounted cockpit, i have also made the 2 larger engine glow+decoration 1 block shallower because it is almost the same thing and it allows me more system block budget(i need to have large-ish power capacity and over 2 warp ratio.

Now i am thinking about having the ship orange and brown, it did look quite nice at the....i don't know in the smaller engines.(my design is not consistent with my other ships, almost everyone of them is unique for me)

The backside of the yellow intake on the bellow of the ship has red glow, so it is also a small thing i have added.In the next post i will, or not show it.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Neat. An access port is just some random area with a pattern on it. Perhaps something ringed with hazard armor, that suggests that something's happening in that space. It helps break up the monotony of a blank wall.

Reaction score
    That was faster than excepted, only took 7 days to build the shell of the ship.
    I prefer to keep my ships simple, without too much detailing crap.

A better look at the bellow back intake

And i ended up using orange+green, perhaps not the best colour combination but, it is not like i am consistent at all.
    Note:The identification plate on the ship is only on the left side.

Shell specs:
    147L 69H 73W
    52.48k blocks(2620 mass)
    Green coloured weapons
    Certified for use in WG1209*2* or larger warpgates

I might, or not, release a civilian version of this ship(with a few changes, lack of weapons is not one of them)

Last edited: