Maturity

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi. I'm 12 years old and I'm sick of being called a "noob" just because of my age. I've heard many people refer 11-12 year olds as "stupid noobs who are nothing other than annoying" Honestly revealing my age when joining a faction often gets me rejected since they think I might mess up they're systems. I mean you don't ALWAYS have to be old to be mature.

I know this thread will very likely be controversial but I'm doing it for all those 11-12 year old guys like me who are often trodden upon by everyone older.

Steathy out.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Expect it. until you seriously impress people on the internet, you\'re always going to be a noob like most of us.

One way to garner a little more perceived maturity is to have a realistic viewpoint on life and to build to the best of your ability. And when told criticisms about your building, to not become offended and act defensive about it.

also it helps to not talk about topics that you don\'t have extensive experience with relative to the general chat populace. things that fall in this category are typically engineering related, science related, theoretical math related, philosophical, or ethics related, which most people your age are at whatever level your schools have been teaching you. avoid these topics. pick ones you know well instead.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The bigest issue with the age gap is that humour and ideals vary greatly between 12 year olds and the average age of the internet populace (15-25). There is nothing people can really do about this, all i can say is stay out of disscusions you dont know a lot about like ref said. And if you really believe that your mature enough, lie about your age if you really want to get into a faction.

avoid cliche names like spartan and numbers. Profile pictures are what people rember you as if you dont have a memorable name, so pick a good one

CES

Reaction score
    Nobody knows your real age, only the way you conduct yourself and the joining date. Strive to post relevant topic and use correct grammar and you will gain respect. Reference: http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/07/13/being-a-gentleman-in-the-age-of-the-internet-6-ways-to-bring-civility-online/

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I don\'t think your bad or any 12 year old to be bad... (except for platinum)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I could be twelve. I could be twenty. I could be forty. Actual age harbors little relation to anything except for perceived cultural differences.

Reaction score
    IMH&HO, calling you a noob just because of your age makes them an a**ehole.

Remind them that (if age is the only deciding factor on being a noob) you might be a noob, but they\'re an a**ehole, and when you get older you won\'t be a noob anymore, but they\'ll still be an a**ehole. ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Honestly...it sucks for you, but that\'s how its always going to be in nearly any internet community.

Just lie about your age! Easy enough. If you\'re mature enough you\'ll pull it off.

Reaction score
    get use to it...every time you do something new you are a noob...and that goes for real life. You will stop being a noob after you prove yourself.

being 12 just mean you\'re a noob at life...i wish I\'ve was 12 and a noob, my knees are killing me. Enjoy your noobness because very soon you will just be old...

Best thing to do hang with the same group to peeps...being 12 in internet world mean you\'re not tempered, unpredictable and also not safe to be around peeps with no ability to census them self. The truth is I don\'t want my 12 year old to hear the junk that comes out of my mouth when I\'m playing with my peers. It\'s like taking your kid to the bar around a bunch of drunks...not a place for a 12 year old.

Just find a group, keep your head and finish growing up....no need to rush, getting old sucks

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Besides, when you roll out a battleship twice the size of someone\'s largest ship, it usually shuts them up pretty fast. ;)

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Especially when the new update means that your ship which previously just made you laggy, now makes the entire server unplayable if anyone is near it. Sorry Elwyn Eternity.

Reaction score
    Most noobs would of chimed in on defending their non-noobness. steathinator9837 is listening which show a high level of maturity.

gj steathinator9837! (not a noob)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just don\'t act like the cancerous urchins who get banned in public chat and you\'ll be fine.

Reaction score
    Hey Stealthinator, Don\'t worry too much about what other people think. Think of it as this way; Everyone else is an old geezer, who\'ll one day have their computer blow up, get un-interested, or something else.

You, on the otherhand, have alot of free-time at this age, abuse the crap out of it.

Collect hundreds of thousands of blocks, create the biggest, most beutifal ship in the entire starmade universe.

And then kill. EVERYONE. That\'ll shut em up.

Hugs n kisses

Plaguedoctor42, idiot-noob extroardinare

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    im only 13, and everyone thinks im just an annoying kid who will destroy everything, but if i dont reveal my age, they find out im a good bomber pilot, so show your skill, then tell your age

Reaction score
    I\'m not that age anymore, but when I was, I never revealed my age on the internet. In general, if they didn\'t know, they just treated me like they would an adult. Be respectful, type with correct grammer, and use punctuation, and people will barely be able to tell the difference.

Reaction score
    If people call you a noob, you are likely a noob.
    If people call you annoying, you are likely annoying.
    If people call you stupid, you are likely stupid.

If you are not any of these things, prove it, dont argue on a forum.

Go around and show how they are wrong, grow a skin.