Make Missile+cannon systems have a flak detonation equal to 1/2 their explosive radius

Reaction score
    It would make a nice new point defense system competitive for anti drone so you dont have to use lasers or cannons, and it would be a cool system to watch. they would have to do less damage and have a higher radius though

Reaction score
    Why not make a flak gun out of can/mis instead, since nobody uses shotguns? Mis/can is at least usable out of the box.

Reactions: boomchacle
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I like the idea of flak, but Missile/Cannons are fun and have their purpose already, narrow as it may be.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah, I like the idea of flak, but Missile/Cannons are fun and have their purpose already, narrow as it may be.
    Tbh I just use them for pretty fireworks :
    That being said, if you can imobilize your enemy a chain Vulcan of Cannon-Missiles is one of the fastest ship killers out there.

The AI doesn't know how to lead Dumbfires though, so you have to use a lot of stop effect beams first.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They still need to fly a bit faster, but I like the idea.

Not sure if it'll be missile+cannon after the weapon update, but I want to see something along these lines. Real-life air-to-air missiles detonate on proximity most of the time because it's hard to fly the nose into an evasive aircraft.