Make Home Bases Less Immune - Let docked items be destroyable

Reaction score
    All this does is encourage griefing against people who are offline. It would be like attacking pirate bases, easy as making a PB & Jelly (some people probably can\'t make pie).

I can clear a pirate base without taking a single shot without cheating, the AI isn\'t smart enough to protect itself well and it would be trivial for someone to destroy all turrets and accessable ships easily if they weren\'t invulnerable.

Fight people that are online, not those that are sleeping.

Reaction score
    Sounds like you just want a way to grief people while they are off-line.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Go play it. You sound like a small boy who doesn\'t get to break anyone\'s toys. WAAAAAAH BOOHOOO.

Reaction score
    aye Like the game for what it is not what it isnt and you wou,ld have more fun attacking the people when they are online if a fight is what you are looking for but being a little back stabbing coward and going after the people offline sounds like one sided bullying fun for you and you alone and then people log on and your all like hahahahaha i broke all your toys.... go play single player and spawn in 1000 pirate ships at once if you really wanna have some fun

Reaction score
    or allow the pirate ships to use the same ship you are using that makes it fun too

Reaction score
    or if you want a realistic war go join the army or the police force so you can taser ppl multiple times .... this is supposed to be a game which means fun for all a break from the realities.....

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You can edit your posts you know? There\'s a button below it that says, \"edit\" so you don\'t have to keep posting new comments. I agree with you though, home bases and what\'s docked to them should STAY immune.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    z1967: Playing as a trader really? How long do you think doing that can keep someone entertained? Not too long. No game out there lets you be entertained by this for too long. Conflict is the final entertainment.

DracoNB: Fight the AI? Yeah thats the worst concept ever. Attack a human base with proper hard hitting turrets, THEN that can be hard. One guy made some psycho 4000DPS turret, and he had 10 of them. Fight that base and win - Oh you cant because it\'s immune - my bad.

I love this quote from you: \"Fight people that are online, not those that are sleeping.\". Well you see Draco, NO ONE FIGHTS because we all keep our mother ships parked, and if not parked, just doing a brief \"look at my ship\" tour around a few sectors before parking again.

Iazarus78: I want a way to kill / steal / plunder. Not do nothing but build, then have nothing to do. I mention minecraft a lot because this is not minecraft, I want more to do than just build stuff. I want to blow your ass out of the sky. Or steal it, or extort you for it\'s safe return. This stuff is the fun bit if you keep it within reason.

Wade: Can\'t find anyone to kill that isn\'t a noob or in a shitty 4x4x4 cube ship. If you see a factions base coords in faction hub screen, whats the point? It\'s all docked and immune. Nothing you can hit. Certainly not going to travel 50 sectors and HOPE the person is there - you cant even tell what people belong to what faction. Being shot is fun. Someone stole my cruiser that the game docked via a wall. It must of warped out overnight. I come on, its gone! I found it by accident a week later. I took it back, killed some undocked stuff with it as revenge, went back to my base. This is fun, this is risk and reward.

Right now there is no point to cannons or fighting. Only people willing to fight are those on servers with loads of money and catalog uploads allowed so they can just get back a fresh ship. Play on my server, no AI, no catalog (other than some block ships for resources - no one CBF going shop to shop like a gypsy begging for materials). Come on here, then discuss your \"home bases should stay immune\" opinion. You will find when you put in hard work into a ship, and if it gets blown away you cant get back, you are FAR LESS likely to go rambo in it. This is why we need to make home bases a little less immune in some way.

Reaction score
    FUCK YOUR BULLYBOY SELF YOU ASSHOLE. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE PEOPLE CRY THEN GO PLAY YOUR BELOVED RAIDCRAFT AND ALSO GO FUCK YOURSELF IN THE ASS.

Reaction score
    there i said it for you nootau.

and try challenging one of those rich people to z fight once you made a nuke ship consisting of 10000 dis-tingeraters and some thrusters znd just fly it into that persons ship, i did it and we both got a good laugh out of it, he just spawned in another one.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah you spawned another. Meaning fighting is all sweet as long as you can spawn another... sounds like you are 8-9 and would cry yourself to sleep if you lost your ship you couldn\'t spawn it back... I think this is the real argument against lessening immunity of home bases. You play on servers where theres plenty of action because no one loses anything, just spawn another ship. If you play on a server without catalog uploads, only letting people have big ships that really EARN that right, then you will immediately see how dead it is in regards to combat.. they work hard on their ships, people like you, uttery skilless who couldnt build a 4x4 cube without making it look retarded, require spawning and cant even fatham the concept of building your own or losing your own capital ship and my ideas terrify you (as much as a game can).

You see, on your server, ships are easy and plentiful, but bases can\'t be catalog uploaded, so you spend a lot more time on your base, than on my server, whom spend more time on their one pride and beauty (ship), and leave it docked for safety at all times. They can\'t spawn it back.

Basically in you rcase, to summarize as nicely and unoffensively as I can: you and others like you, are little cry babies that can\'t handle the idea of having to be responsible for your gear without a catalog spawn option save you. So the idea of your base that you poured in more hours in (mostly just the turrets/docked ships) being breakable in someway is a scary prospect that fills your gaming heart with terror.

I heard super mario version 20 or wahtever its at now is pretty safe, perhaps thats more your style. Probably has unlimited health cheats too.

Reaction score
    Boohoo the forum is filled with babies that can\'t fathom your ALMIGHTY HARDCORE PLAYSTYLE.

Take it up with your server admin, the option to turn off faction home protection already exists..

Reaction score
    or that make your own pvp server and you can set it up like that then everyone can attack everyone and everything nothing is safe and it will be fair for everyone with that play style.

FyI turrets operate under the same AI as pirate ships and trading ships so pirates and turrets are both AI so they are both the same type of challange. You can make any ship into a pirate ship so you can have pirate ships that will do what ever damage you want them to do. Although i would still say pirates would be more of a challenge cause they can fly too not just rotate...

Reaction score
    I understand what you are getting at, but your emphasis on doing so when they are offline implies you are a griefer and an opertunist. It is not fun to go to sleep one night and wake up to find you have been looted and all your ships destroyed. That ruins any fun for the recieving party and would just cause them to quit.

If you want to do your crap while the other person is online, and the server rules allow for it, then go ahead, have at your idea, but the way you suggest it is no fun for anyone but people who want to screw others over like a saggy hooker.

No thank-you. Not today, not ever.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am the server admin. I understand and agree with the decision to make home bases immune (the structure itself so it cant be taken over etc), what I dont like is passing the immunity to docked ships giving them permanent god mode. You should have to fully cover your ships. Get it right.

Something has to change may not be what I suggest, but something....I definitely believe any server that wants a community with some basic loyalty will need to provide an environment that encourages genuine building and commitment and genuine risk and reward (not quick and lazy importing) . Atm this aspect is lacking, IMHO. It\'s half-fixed (adding commitment) by disabling catalog imports. The other half is out of my control as a server admin, short of being barbaric and protecting nothing which is unacceptable.

I\'ve put forward solid points nothing more to add here. I am done, go ahead and make some free insults. :)

Reaction score
    YAY I DIDN\'T HAVE TO SAY IT MYSELF. I might as well tell you now that i quit playing minecraft because of the whole GREIFAGE IS FUCKING AWESOME IF YOU CANNOT FUCKING GRIEF YOU SHOULD JUST WHINE LIKE A BABY WHILE WE LAUGH AT YOU FOR TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING PRETTY BECAUSE WE LIKE KILLING PRETTY SHIT mindset among most of tthe players. i love Starmade because i can make a pretty ship that everyone will appreciate before and after they blow it up in a freindly battle, or get their ship blown up. starmade was not made to be a raidcraft clone and if you want to blow up someones \"shitty\" battlecruiser while they aren\'t even online, then go find a server where you can do that, because as already mentioned, you can turn off protection. better yet make your own fucking raidmade server and get off this forum.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Easy, folks. My rage-o-meter just broke. Let\'s keep it civil.

Reaction score
    i hate the idea, end of story, seriously though, if its on a HOME BASE its invincable and should always stay that way, what if you go on vacation and didnt build a hangar, and jeez, do you want to build a hangar for your supercarrier?!!?!?!?!?!? you need to think LESS of you and more of what others think

and to above... make a 4x4 cube of power and thrusters and use wedges and corners to make it look pretty-ish