Magic Blocks (bug) Includes relevant gifs

Reaction score
    I have been experiencing a problem with blocks placed on a planet (and removed ones), where they don't seem to be getting placed/removed fully on the server, and will revert to their former state if I look at them and press R. Here is a gif of the magic blocks: (third one transforms into a wedge)

I think this is caused by a bug in the entity file structure, or a bug in the add/remove blocks function. This bug also leaves ghost blocks in places that should be empty, for example I placed some factoryinput enhancers and then removed them, but I still see purple cubes when I select the factoryinput. Also, docking modules can be green, but will not function until the docking area has been filled with blocks, then all the blocks removed.

Other bugs in the new version:

• Can't remove blocks in astronaut mode from faction base.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    has the ability to be rotated, and no other function, rotates it along one axis.
    Pressing again reverts to original state.

It was widely used to create \'latches\' on ships to reach faction modules that are otherwise totally covered, or openening plexstorages inside. On some \'AI-Ship\' designs this was also used to cover the core.

This is not a bug at all, its a widely used feature that is not documented,
    but anyone will find out someday and use it as \'design trick\'.

In your case I suppose the block you \'converted\' was a wedge turned the way you can only see it as a full block.

Cannot remove blocks from homebase is NOT latest build. (This was the case in a pre-build)
    Only on ships docked to a homebase this is bugged and not functional.

- Andy

Reaction score
    Finally found an image site which will host gif sized things, this illustrates my point much better:

Definitely not rotating.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    You look at a block an press R and it get reverted to a block it was formerly?
    (In your case I suppose this was the former planet surface?)

And did you relog or leave the sector for a few minutes before doing this? (To see, if it got saved before, or maybe the server did revert that in some way)

- Andy