Read by Council Logic Friendly Jump Drive Improvements

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    I would like for jump drives to be easier to control with logic and not need laggy rail clocks to recharge.

I suggest making the jump drive charge for one second on each high input. This would allow for continuous recharging with a simple clock.

I also want to be able to recharge it without accidentally triggering a jump. I would like to be able to link the jump drive computer to an activation module. If the activation module is off, the jump drive will charge when it gets a logic input. If the activation module is on and the drive is charged, it will jump.

For simple checking whether the drive is charged, an activation module could be placed next to, but not linked to the jump drive computer. It would output high if the drive is ready to jump and low if it's not fully charged.

Reactions: Jaaskinal
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    For simple checking whether the drive is charged, an activation module could be placed next to, but not linked to the jump drive computer. It would output high if the drive is ready to jump and low if it's not fully charged.
    Isn't that what the sensor block is for?

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    TBH this is probably the only real solution for logic JD's besides removing them entirely, or completely re-doing the whole mechanic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I love the idea of a less laggy jump drive, I have always hated having all that logic running to charge a drive. This seems like a good way to fix them. As malacore said the charge without jump can be acheived with sensors but it requires 4 extra blocks per drive + 10 activation modules to set the percentage for all of them. Not to mention a separate clock for the sensors (unless they were connected to the full speed rail clock *shudder* all the lag)

I can't help but say that this would need to be balanced by something chain drives are already pretty OP.

or completely re-doing the whole mechanic.
    I have always thought recharge should be based on ship size, and jump distance based on module count. (but that would be a different suggestion).