Logic Activated Thrusters

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    A simple suggestion; Controlling a bank of thrusters with logic. The thrust will be applied to whichever direction they are facing.

Could make for some neat builds, especially when going wireless.

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Maybe it could be an Idea for when npc will come.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    would definitely be easier than logic push or pull. Not to mention it would be allot more intuitive. Sharing thrust would go along way towards modular ships.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    would definitely be easier than logic push or pull. Not to mention it would be allot more intuitive. Sharing thrust would go along way towards modular ships.
    My thoughts exactly.

In all honesty, I think the proposed thrust update is a bit over complicated. If we allow thrusters to be controlled with logic, this could potentially perform many of the ideas put forth in that update. even more so now that we have rails and wireless logic.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Couple this with a way to steer through logic and I will have all manner of robot harvesters scurrying about, clearing out entire asteroid fields. It and would also allow you to create detachable engine pods for large ships. It could also be used to make pirates more interesting, with logic triggered movement patterns.

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Couple this with a way to steer through logic and I will have all manner of robot harvesters scurrying about, clearing out entire asteroid fields. It and would also allow you to create detachable engine pods for large ships. It could also be used to make pirates more interesting, with logic triggered movement patterns.
    You could even go one further and have player-aligned patrol drones that patrol in a given pattern.

Reactions: Trekkerjoe
    Reaction score
    You can't move the ship that has those computers and modules with them....Can you? Never tried to do it myself so I don't know for sure.
    I know for sure that un-slaved push and pull computers in the hotbar can move the ship forward and backwards.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I doubt anyone would be performing anything beyond the most basic of maneuvers with logic thrusters, unless you could assign a key to x logic module as opposed to hotbar only activation.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I doubt anyone would be performing anything beyond the most basic of maneuvers with logic thrusters, unless you could assign a key to x logic module as opposed to hotbar only activation.
    You've got a point there. In order for it to work worth a damn on ships as a primary method of thrust, there would have to be a way to intuitively control the logic and I don't have a clue how.

Reaction score
    You could have auto miners/nav bots too. Thrust activated by logic lends to having a use for area triggers outside the ship to activate thrust to avoid collision.