Logbook Uses

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Similar to the Resource Reports thread, and kinda how Eve used to do it (idk if it's still this way) but what if the logbook was more of a data card and could be used to turn game meta data into a physical object. For example, blueprints.... or perhaps a player could select sectors on their map that they've explored and 'transfer to tablet' than this tablet could be traded to someone and they could RMB and 'save to map'. You'd need permission to 'download' faction space sector data though.

Maybe in the universe update we'll see a use for exploration.... currently everything's already explored, you just have to find stations and asteroids. :/

Also relating to scanners, what if a scout encounters a new enemy. They could scan the ship for weaknesses and save that info to a tablet for others to use if/when it gets back to base.... or for others to find in its salvage. :X

It'd be cool to see how information could become a commodity in SM.

- Captains log (also as loot)
    - Ship instruction manuals! Something that you could make/update with the ship is part of the blueprint so every new ship gets one.
    - Contracts!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Maybe it's just me, but when I got the game, I always wanted to treat the logbook as something like the "Captain's Log" from Star Trek.

I wanted to be able to put all of my daily adventures, important notes, and general RP ramblings into it. However, the character limit made this impossible, and it was a bit of a letdown for me.

As for how to store the information talked about in the op, maybe make a separate item like a datapad that can hold that type of information. The datapads can be specialized depending on what kind of information you want saved on it (star charts, station locations/markers, etc. etc.)

Last edited: