Resource Reports

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I have what I hope is an easy to add, but extremely useful feature. I'm not in the same boat as some of the more established players so I don't have mounds of resources that they might. I've gotta go out mine and build in my shipyard, but that requires now shuttling large amounts of resources to my shipyard base, but that requires me knowing what I need!

Main Request:
    There are about 60 different blocks I've used for a new ship, and all I really want is a way to take the block progress from a shipyard and output it to a logbook. So bare minimum, Let me generate a resource report based on the resource levels needed. Super best case I can use it like a todo list and mark off things. I know I've collected.

Other uses:
    This could also be used for NPCs to generate what blocks are needed to repair a ship or run an inventory report and store those to see what's changing. Allowing for good role play as well. These reports could lead to quests later on with NPCS.

Reactions: JNC and NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    Hmmm this could also be used to keep tabs on who deposits what resources into the ship yard to build things with!
    This would have some serious applications at a faction level for inventory and block management as well as inventory control

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I think so! It would certainly save me a lot of tedium of going back and forth from my shipyard and main base!

Reaction score
    If done as suggested by using logbooks, it would require them to allow more than the current four lines/512 chars. I'd absolutely welcome that as a positive side effect, making them a bit more useful in other situations as well.
    However if/when logbooks ever become a player craftable/purchasable item, shipyards handing them out as "freebies" might be seen as an exploit, even if I'd not call that a very serious one :)

nightrune

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    If done as suggested by using logbooks, it would require them to allow more than the current four lines/512 chars. I'd absolutely welcome that as a positive side effect, making them a bit more useful in other situations as well.
    However if/when logbooks ever become a player craftable/purchasable item, shipyards handing them out as "freebies" might be seen as an exploit, even if I'd not call that a very serious one :)
    I really want there to be log books you find with far off coordinates. So I don't think it's much of a problem. I want them to be like books in minecraft.

Reaction score
    Maybe logbooks are reall cheap, it's the information that matters(like maps and books)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452138740,1452138693][/DOUBLEPOST]And couldn't be sold, you would just trash them like designs