Bug [Linux] Game is crashing after 50% loading.

JAa

Reaction score
    After update to last version game is crashing after 50% loading is done (before menu). There is no message boxes or anything, just game window disappers. Downgrading game to v0.198.133 solved problem, however there are very few servers running on this version.

My system:
    - Linux Kubuntu 14.04
    - QT 4.8.6
    - KERNEL 4.2.0-36-generic
    - Architecture 32-bit
    - KDE 4.13.3
    - JRE 7

Game is installed in Home folder

Hardware:
    - Intel Xeon E5430
    - NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
    - 4 GiB RAM

I hope you will be able to fix this issue quickly. :)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    search for settings.cfg in the starmade install folder
    open it with a texteditor and add "PLAY_INTRO = false" (without " of course) at the end
    disable the tutorials in the game options if it then starts to the main menu

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I don't find that file "settings.cfg" Nowhere to be found. Starmade install is brand new, same for my ubuntu 14.04 lts. (Had to wipe my drive and reinstall everything today :/ )

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You are a god ! Thanks a lot it worked !

Don't know why my game didn't create that setting file in the first place but i'm so glad you helped.

Still i have to start everything over, i did loose all my blue print from the past month and a half... but i can play Starmade again so i'm happy !

Thanks again SmillingDemon !

JAa

Reaction score
    Thank you for quick reply. Everything is working properly now. :)

JAa

Reaction score
    I think this part should work everythere. If you have same problem on mac I guess this solution should work. The best wey is just try and see if this will work. After all both Linux and Mac are Unix based systems, so in this case situation should be identical.

Reaction score
    I think this part should work everythere. If you have same problem on mac I guess this solution should work. The best wey is just try and see if this will work. After all both Linux and Mac are Unix based systems, so in this case situation should be identical.
    Well idk how to find the star made install folder on mac.

JAa

Reaction score
    In starmade launcher, somewhere around version info etc. there is something like Instalation found in ... I don't remember text, but you shall find it. I never realy worked on mac, but if catalogs organisation is same i guess you have your game in home/downloads/starmade/. (if you do not know where it is means you havn't selected any directorys, so your browser dwnloaded launcher file into default location which is home/downloads, then launcher installed game to ../starmade putting all game files to home/downloads/starmade) This is of course only guess, but I think it is corect.:)