less cpu Resources

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Please post your computer specifications, CPU model, amount of RAM, GPU model.

Reactions: z1967
    Reaction score
    dont get it...im running it on max settings everywhere, building huge ships and make giant battles and i dont get over 25% usage Oo

Reaction score
    My AMD Phenom/nVidia GTX 660 TI/8 gigs RAM is capable of running the game at well over 400 FPS even around large ships. Core usage is ~25% at the most but usually around~ 20% for normal everyday stuff.

Reaction score
    Yo, could you guys have a look at my specs, too? I can't run it either. It maxes out my CPU, and after about 30 mins it crashes my graphics card. Here's my specs. Give me some feedback. What are you guys using that works?

AMD Phenom 9750 Quad core processor (2.4GHz)
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series Graphics (with 3200 series on-board driving second display)
    8 GB ram

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Not sure about what the current system specs require, BUT it was just announced that there are going to be some big improvements in this thread:
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/small-status-update.549/

"Another thing completed: A huge optimization has been done to the physics. Ships that in the past crippled any server now barely make a dent in physics performance."

I would assume that this will help quite a bit if your currently struggling to play the game. If your computer is having issues maybe turn shadows off? They cause mouse lag for me so I leave them off myself, Unless I want to take a picture.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Why is this in Suggestions?
    Why do you have such a good point?
    Moved to Game Support.
    (redirect will expire in one day).

In regards to CPU use, I have a second gen i5 CPU, Starmade uses 80% of that on average, with spikes to 100%.

Reactions: NeonSturm

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Starmade increases FPS to no Limits at all, using as much CPU and GPU power it can utilize for that.

Fast Video-Cards may have thermal issues because of that. (1000+FPS going to melt the GPU!)

Please enable vsync to tie your fps to your monitor refresh rate,
    or use 'fixed framerate' to Limit it to a fixed value.

I suggest posting a report from the Starmade Diagnostic Tool.

- Andy

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes, was planning to quit using windows for a long time, but... for gaming there are so many issues you get on linux....
    And you need better hardware compared to windows-optimized games. :(
    Also I'm not sure my hybrid-video-hardware (intel/NVidia chipset) will be supported in linux.

(And I can reproduce the bugs better when using windows, as this eliminates all os-specific bugs. Programming environment: Windows)

- Andy

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Linux haters! :eek:
    Ban all these Proprietary-OS lovers! :mad:
    I (creator of the tool in question) don't hate Linux (run it on my laptop as the sole OS on it, and several VMs), I just know Windows Batch a lot better than bash.

silent8captian could be a number of things, and a report from the tool would help rule out a number of them.

Last edited by a moderator: