Leowtha Schuzac's Zeonic Shipyard

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, firstly... let's start with putting Zeon inside of us, as I see a lack of that specific faction's ships.

Musai-Class time!
    We've got it on a rough 1/1 Scaling [assuming each cube is a meter in length, width and height.], though Mobile Suits are/will be a little tricky for various reasons. It's... in the 90% complete area, so it's getting close to being finished.

...Annoyingly enough, since I'm new to building scaled ships, I didn't realize there was a symmetry feature and etc etc for advanced building, so the entire Musai from before the Turret/Neck area was handmade... egh.

The Musai is fairly close to finished, as I had stated. Everything but the insides is pretty much finished.

Ignore the Chivvay in the backround.
    You see nothing. Hush.

I have yet to decide if I want to make the Komusai a seperate entity, or to just build it into the hull...
    I'm not sure which would be easier, to be honest.

I feel it may be a little too wide... but I'm very paranoid. In the bow of the ship, there is a blast door with hazard stripes all around it. I am going to build the Komusai there, when I get the time/idea to do it correctly... currently, it leads into the main cargo section of the ship.

The ship is properly rounded, imo. It's got a nice section for the side cargo vents as well.. they're set up well, with beacons to signal where transfer should be kept.

Ignore the floating [unscaled] Zaku head.

I'm not too keen on leaving things plain/solid coloring, so I have added some small/random decals and what not on the ship's hull... I think it looks fairly well blended in.

The Bridge and Observation decks are both accessible with various decorative and/or functioning consoles scattered about.

I have NO idea how I'm going to go about filling/decorating the Cargo Bay, so this is how it rests at the moment. A flat ramp into the MS hangar in the 'top' section of the ship, with 'steps' on either side. Those grey paths on the side of the ship lead in from the cargo vents.

The Komusai access hatch, from the inside.

The Bridge, from the outside.

All in all... The Musai is functional. It has two missile pods, one on either side of where the 'Neck' connects to the main 'body' of the ship itself, they do fair amounts of damage. Since I personally think 'Beam Damage' turrets would be silly, and Cannons are a bit too fast to constitute as 'beams', I made each Turret into a Missle launching platform... it seemed fair enough. I am contemplating making some scaled Dodai to accompany the Musai, or rest in it's main Cargo Bay... and somehow make either an exit hatch on the bottom or rear of the bay itself.

So uh, thanks for looking!
    Let me know how it looks. What you think should be changed, what shouldn't be.

Remember! There is NO Chivvay visible in these pictures.
    What's a Chivvay?

Planner: Leowtha Schuzac

Constructors:
    Leowtha Schuzac [Bridge & Interior/Weapons + Everything before 'neck']
    Druganog ['Neck' and 'Main Cargo Bay''s frame]

[DOUBLEPOST=1440747590,1440747441][/DOUBLEPOST]Almost forgot!
    A HUGE shoutout goes to Lightning312 and his 'Gundam Shipyard' for essentially becoming my 'rival' shipyard, due to his creation of Federation vehicles!

If you havn't seen his work, take a look here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/gundam-shipyard.20295/#post-223926

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Those wings connecting the engines to the main ship are really spindly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Those wings connecting the engines to the main ship are really spindly.
    They're supposed to be, on the basic Musai-Class. This isn't the Kai or any of the other variants. All of the references I have seen and worked off of showed the connection between the two to be rather 'Spindly'.

[From the IGLOO Art, that is.]

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    They're supposed to be, on the basic Musai-Class. This isn't the Kai or any of the other variants. All of the references I have seen and worked off of showed the connection between the two to be rather 'Spindly'.
    Zeon ships are famous for not really making sense and for really breaking the conventional spaceship mold. What else would you expect from a bunch of damn Spacenoids? ;)

Reactions: Leowtha