Gundam Shipyard

What do you want to see next?

• Virginia Class MS Carrier (Gundam 00)

Votes: 13 37.1%
    • Agamemnon Class Carrier (Gundam Seed)

Votes: 8 22.9%
    • Irish Class Fast Battleship (Zeta Gundam)

Votes: 13 37.1%
    • Caerleon Class Floating Battleship (Code Geass)

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    "Gundam" is one of the most famous sci-fi franchises in history. And yet, Gundam seems to get very little love in Starmade. Where is the White Base, the Archangel, the Ptolemaios, or the Nahel Argama? Indeed, here are very few blueprints of ships or mobile suits available on this forum. My intent with this thread is to create a single thread for Gundam enthusiasts and builders to post blueprints and discuss their work. So post your work, and maybe we can recreate some of sci-fi's greatest space battles!

With that in mind, I'd like to kick things off with my builds thus far. If the Gundams, their ace pilots, and their one-off motherships get little attention in Starmade, then the ships used by everyone else get no love at all. I focus on the ships you see in the background--the ships used by the common soldiers.

Gundam Seed Universe:

Drake Class Frigate
    - Earth Alliance
    http://starmadedock.net/content/drake-class-frigate.3150/

Nazca Class Battleship - ZAFT

http://starmadedock.net/content/nazca-class.1396/

ZGMF-1017 "GINN" - ZAFT

Included with Nazca Class Ship

TS-MA2R Moebius - Earth Alliance

http://starmadedock.net/content/moebius-ts-ma2.3131/

Universal Century Universe

RB-79 Ball - Earth Federation Space Forces

http://starmadedock.net/content/rb-79-ball.2324/

Magellan-Kai Class Battleship - Earth Federation Space Forces (Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory)

Work In Progress

Birmingham Class Battleship - Earth Federation Space Forces (Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory)

Work In Progress

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Another Gudnam builder :), great ships, im currently building ships mainly from UC and 00, so awesome to compare stuff in the future, i wish you luck and hope you get attention your creation deserve;). I especally like the Birmingham, looks mighty.

Reaction score
    Another Gudnam builder :), great ships, im currently building ships mainly from UC and 00, so awesome to compare stuff in the future, i wish you luck and hope you get attention your creation deserve;). I especally like the Birmingham, looks mighty.
    Thanks! I'm thinking of building the Baikal-class from 00. I'm debating between starting that project or finishing the Birmingham and Magellan-Kai.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Dont take me wrong, that picture should be an motivation to build your own, i didnt meant to force you away from it:(.
    I actually thought of building a Dogose Giar, or at least a variant, seen that there are two already out, as my personal flagship.
    Seeing your turrets, those things are beefy, i should upgrade the ones i have on my magellan, that means i like them.

Reaction score
    They may look beefy, but the new rail mechanic limits the damage output. It's hard to make the turret look/act realistic and be powerful since they must protrude from the interior of a turret, rather than be attached to the outside. In all, I estimate I lose about 40% of the overall damage output compared to the old turret system. I'll upload a turret when I get time so you can see what I mean.

Reaction score
    Here's my Magellan-Kai Particle Cannon turret. Notice how the interior has to be hollowed out in order to accommodate the barrel's rotation. The barrel length itself is limited by the fact that at some point it scrapes the bottom of the turret.

Attachments

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hey, thank you for the turret.

So, i did a little modding to your turret. more weapon modules, has secondary and tertiary now, is power stable when firing and has almost the same shields as before.

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    What ship would you like to see next? Cast your vote!

Virginia Class Mobile Suit Carrier (Gundam 00)

Agamemnon Class Carrier - (Gundam Seed)

Irish Class Fast Battleship - (Zeta Gundam)

Caerleon Class Floating Battleship - Code Geass (yes, I know it's not a Gundam ship)

Reactions: darknassius
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Here's few pictures of a Ptolmaios II I've use to be working on (a long time ago and progress has been stopped;) about 500 meters long if not a bit longer so its a bit off scaled. Also this was made before there was motors/ rails/ rotors added to the game so for the last image, I improvised with a turret joint and some blast doors.

Zstarmade-screenshot-0069.png Zstarmade-screenshot-0070.png Zstarmade-screenshot-0071.png Zstarmade-screenshot-0072.png Zstarmade-screenshot-0073.png
    Zstarmade-screenshot-0074.png

Reaction score
    That is sweet! I'd love to see it updated with rail systems. Does it have a completed interior or is it just the hull?

Reaction score
    These two builds I did in the old docking system as well;

please forgive the colour scheme.

I've also just stumbled across some 24 Gundam ship .skp models.
    I've seen the grey one before, but I haven't seen the red mobile suit. That supposed to be the Sinanju? My knowledge of Zeon mobile suits is generally pretty poor.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1443568922,1443568823][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Let me contribute a little again.

Gundam 00 Earth Federation Fleet, enjoy.
    Nice! Are those things to scale? Do they have interiors and stuff?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Thanks, for the scale, the Baikal is almost at 300 meter, wiki says 400someting, the other 3 are based on the comparisons with mobile suits and the hangar doors they have, as mobile suits are like 18-20 meters i had a pretty good idea at how big they gonna be.

As for interriors, not really they are build to fight and are solid. Only thing they have is a brigde a core room and some corridors.
    The nile has a small hangar behind the main turrets, the Baikal once had an opening hangar with a lowering platform just like in the anime,
    i removed it for system space.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations

Very old picture(2 years ago), sorry about that, but this was my 3rd ship build I did. I imported a 600m Smedit of the ship, and rebuilt it by hand at 200ish meters to learn to proportion correctly. Wish I'd gotten around to doing more gundam builds, but they are quite a bit of fun.