Latest Update: Shop restock fixed?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am now downloading update 0.163. According to the news page, this resolves bug 444 (http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/444). Can anyone confirm that this prevents shops from exceeding the 10,000 block limit? Along the same lines, does it stop the shop from attempting to "sell" excess blocks when you attempt to sell multiple blocks when the shop is already full?

In version 0.163, when shops have 10,000 blocks of a given block type and attempt to update the amount at the 5-minute update interval, what happens now? I'd like to see the amount drop to some (server-configurable) minimum stock. I think eventually dropping stock to half the max (5,000) or so in the default game would be good.

If this is now already happening, great! If not, I'd like to open a bug report to have a shop automatically, randomly "sell off" (remove) excess inventory with each automatic restock update. Let me know. Thanks.

http://imgur.com/a/IGeFs

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes, #444 is marked closed.
    So using restock on a shop with 500 items for example, will restock it to 10.000.

When you totally deplete it, you have to wait for the next automated restock.
    As the economy is not designed to have one type of item infinite in a shop. You cannot sell infinite either. =)

- Andy

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks Andy!

I was wondering if the shop's stock would automatically drop down from 10,000 at the regular update interval, so that I can sell more blocks of that type (in this case, grey hull).

Example: I'd like to see shops eventually drop their block count from 10,000 at their regular automatic update. For instance, dropping from 10,000 to only 9,900.

Now that the economy has been adjusted, being able to sell excess inventory without having to explore new sectors far away from spawn is even more important to me. I prefer to stay near spawn, because when something happens and I have to respawn, it won't take ages just to travel to where I was before the respawn. That something that happens usually involves dying in a burned-out derelict when flying around to get floating loot while the turrets on my main ship continue to shoot at pirates.

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, thanks, SmilingDemon!

The infrastructure and block storage I have in place for planned large-ship design building are in place around the original spawn. Then I use a frigate with relatively snappy turning speed as a runabout to gather resources from surrounding sectors. Setting up an undeathinator seems like it would just move the same problem to a different sector.