Latest patch crashing with build blocks

Reaction score
    In 0.09386 I got an OpenGL error when in build mode, not sure if it is a frequent thing, I hope it\'s not. All was fine for me in 0.09385 though...

Reaction score
    DaedalEVEs temporary fix didn\'t help me, nor did anything change in the latest patch.
    I\'ve got the problem some patches ago and it\'s still there, my game is crashing with \"Nullexception\" or \"OpenGLException: Cannot use Buffers when Array Buffer Object is enabled\" even tho \"G_PREVIEW_TO_BUILD_BLOCK_TEST\" is set to false, and it doesn\'t change anything if it\'s true.
    What does this option do anyway? And since when does the game preview the block I\'m building with?
    Example: http://www.img-host.de/bild.php/41512,blah1GQQ1M.png

If you have a question what I did and when this error occurs: In a freakin\' Build block, when the object(Station, Ship, Planet) get\'s attacked by Pirates and/or others, and when I\'m non-stop building blocks for a period of time.

This error is really annoying, Schema I would really appreciate a hotfix for this!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    The same for me still. When i\'m in build mode on my planet, game crash every time turrets from my ship kill first pirate and his ship core is overheating. Even if I log again and hit build block and the ship core is still overheating, my client crash.

This is really game breaking if you like to build on planets, stations (but i\'m not 100% sure about stations), and pirates attack you all the time.

Please schema, take your attention to this issue.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, newest patch solved problem at first, but after some time, entering the build block on my station results in crash.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The tempfix mentioned above, where you set your settings.cfg to \"read only\" mode, seemed to work well for a while.

After building on the base for quite a bit, and a server restart or two, it now seems to crash on every players client for the server no matter what anyone\'s settings.cfg is set to. We tried every possible combination of \"read only\" (or write enabled) and true/false.

Hopefully this is an easy fix... it was irritating before with the occasional/rare crash while using the fix, but now it has rendered any further building on my planetary base to impossible. :(

~TheSol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same here in singleplayer :/

Setting the G_PREVIEW_TO_BUILD_BLOCK_TEST to false helped first, but now it crashes again (still set to false)

please fix, want to build my station =(

*EDIT: I read that it could have to do with the personel weapon. I removed every block from my toolbar down there and i have been able to enter the build block without crashing the game. But when i place a block in my toolbar, the game will crash as soon as im am trying to select the block.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you\'re in a build block on a planet (or station too maybe?) and an enemy AI (pirate, etc) ship is crashing into the station/planet WHILE the core is overheating... it also seems to crash when entering (or already in) the build block. I have to despawn the enemy ship before I can get back in without an error.

Anyone else can confirm? Seems to be consistant about 3 times in a row now.

*EDIT*

Dropping blocks from your inventory while in build mode also seems to cause this error, and you can\'t back in to build mode until the dropped item despawns. You cannot see it anywhere to pick it back up again either.

~TheSol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First i tried alot of stuff like the weapon in my bag and driver update... now it works just because i put everything from my hotbar to my bag and then i tried get in buildblock with empty hotbar... works... also scrolling around... then i put just one block to my bar and worked... now i can build again... with all blocks and full bar!

Hope it stays like this!

Try it out cause it cant get worse ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The thing with the loot in space sounds hot. I can remember that i never had this problem after creating a new station, but as soon as there have been enemies which i destroyed, i got the crash afterwards. And resently i tried it again and tested some docking - no crash - But then i droped some stuff of my inventory because it has been full and it crashed again.

Have to check it.

*EDIT: Ok, spawned a pirate and destroyed it while sitting in the build block (with turrets) and just 1sec after the core overheating began, the game crashed. Then, restarted the game, collected all the loot and removed the destroyed ships. So as i finaly entered the build block again: Guess what... NO CRASH =D ~Glory~glory.....

So for me this helps to prevent the OpenGLError

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmm, I\'ll try check for objects in my sector, But I\'m sure it was empty except for another friendly ship when i was getting this error, and had friendly ship when i first did it. Bloody annoying :P

Reaction score
    I guess it doesn\'t matter what\'s in your actionbar, but what you have selected. Try selecting 1 of the empty slots, assuming you have some, and then going build mode.

Reaction score
    I never bothered to give my self a personal laser, secondly it only happens to me when i am in the build block and the turrets atached to the station begin to fire, this is probably more to do with weapons in general than just the personal laser.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m getting the same thing over and over and over.

I tried reasining the advanced control key to something else helped for a little while, then it went back to crashing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Despite two or three versions, still crashing from build block since my last post. Can\'t update driver cause of some...stupid...gateway custom intel card crap. Can\'t go straight to intel without turning this laptop into a shiny brick. So yeah it\'s really frustrating to not be able to build stations. The only reason i\'m still playing is for cool ships to build. So I hope this can be fixed soon. Build block entering crashes.