Latest patch crashing with build blocks

Reaction score
    Latest version (0.09385) is causing my game (local sandbox) to crash when I try to enter any build block on my space station. When I reload the game, my character is positioned at the default build mode camera angle for the station instead of outside the build block I tried to activate.

EDIT: Null pointer exception patch resolved this issue for me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Game crashes when entering a build block on a station. Tested in single player and multiplayer. Also tested entering a build block with the new \"block preview\" option turned on and off. Crash on both accounts.

Reaction score
    You mean holding down LControl? That works just fine for me.
    Oh, the mystical wonders of programming.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yep i got the same probleme here... i can play.. but as soon i enter a build block the game crash with null.... error

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same here. Crashes every time.

NullPointerException: null is all that pops up once I used task manager.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have the exact same problem, entering build block and crashy. Now I do have an Intel, but that has not been any problem up until this update. I had a bad card before on my previous laptop and i could not use the Lctrl advanced build mode in ship core or anything else and couldn\'t even load regular stations properly, but i switched with another family member with a much more up to date card and it has worked perfectly till this very latest update. I can\'t update my graphics card because it was a custom card from Gateway (much more complex stuff than i\'m used to) and i can\'t download an update directly from Intel. I have had absolutely no problems with my graphics till this very update.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    TY for finding this, please bug report it. Schema will fix it ASAP.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    just updated to 0.09385 and never had a crash ever before untill this update. I have an nvidia gpu and latest drivers but everytime i press R to get into build block on my station i crash getting a \'null pointer\'

I can easily go into ship build mode and even use left-control for advance build mode, but NOT even enter build block. Please do something about it thank you :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The fix for nullpointer exception update did not change the crash in multiplayer nor in single player.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i heard that if your in build mode and scroll through hot bar and hit the personal laser it will crash. not sure if this is your crash problem but just one of the bugs i guess

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Confirmed, only happens if you have the gun equipped, I moved the gun back into my inventory, and L-Control works perfectly.

Reaction score
    i\'m getting the error \"OpenGLException: Cannot use Buffers when Array Buffer Object is enabled\" when i enter build blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    While I\'m not sure what it causing the crash, it has something to do with the game forcing the client setting \"G_PREVIEW_TO_BUILD_BLOCK_TEST= true\".
    You\'ll find that when you start the game if you go into options that \"Preview to Build Block\" is checked. Even if you attempt to uncheck this box and then exit options the client will still force the setting back on.

A way to circumvent this issue and get build blocks to work again (until the issue can be resolved by schema with an update) is to go into your \"StarMade\" folder and locate your \"settings.cfg\" file.
    Right Click the file and choose \"EDIT\". Then search for the line: \"G_PREVIEW_TO_BUILD_BLOCK_TEST = true\" and set the value to \"false\" and \"SAVE\" the file.
    Once saved Right Click the \"settings.cfg\" file again and set it to \"Read Only\". This will prevent the client from forcing it back to the false state once launched.

The client may stop responding momentarily during launch after you make this change, but simply ignore it. If it crashes just launch again.
    Once you are in game you will find that build blocks once again work as intended.

It is VERY IMPORTANT that you DO NOT CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS in either the launcher or the game after you do this as it will remove the \"read only\" value from your settings.cfg file and you will once again begin to experience the same issues (and will have to repeat the process described above in order to resolve it).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i did this, it worked, and then while working on a planet i tried to toss a piece of ore. now it wont work whether true or false

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been having this problem very very consistently, as well as ship core build mode crashing a ton. I looked at my settings and that option was arleady set to false.