Kupu's thread

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hi, I just tried your new fx pack on my nvidia geforce 750M and it's look great exept that the star of that color actually disappear

(I placed a waypoint on the location of the star on my map). The other star are looking normal.
    But thanks for the pack, I like it.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hi, I just tried your new fx pack on my nvidia geforce 750M and it's look great exept that the star of that color actually disappear

(I placed a waypoint on the location of the star on my map). The other star are looking normal.
    But thanks for the pack, I like it.
    Oh... that's odd! Are you able to show the star type and colour in the galaxy map? I'll try find a similar one myself (it's more than likely just the star type and current settings, not your graphics card i think).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Oh... that's odd! Are you able to show the star type and colour in the galaxy map? I'll try find a similar one myself (it's more than likely just the star type and current settings, not your graphics card i think).
    Yes I can show it perfectly in the galaxy map. Thanks :)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yes I can show it perfectly in the galaxy map. Thanks :)
    lol. Sorry i wasn't very clear. Could you show ME the star in the galaxy map? Then i will find a similar star colour and size and check if the same thing happens to me. :D

Another screenshot of this star in the galaxy map would be helpful if you have the time.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I'd like to ask you all a question!

How would you like to see current hull textures improved?

(Please refrain from giving any feedback that requires new mechanics such as dynamically connected textures.)

Thanks in advance star pals.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'd like to ask you all a question!

(Please refrain from giving any feedback that requires new mechanics such as dynamically connected textures.)

Thanks in advance star pals.
    Besides the absolutely necessary removal of the glowy bevels on advanced armor that cause issues with symmetry (please for the love of god get rid of them), I don't have any problems with the current armor textures.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Standard and Advanced are a bit too similar looking. Since hull is drastically different from standard and advanced, my opinion is that standard and advanced should be as different from one another as they are from hull.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Besides the absolutely necessary removal of the glowy bevels on advanced armor that cause issues with symmetry (please for the love of god get rid of them), I don't have any problems with the current armor textures.
    Good news ^^

Proxima_Centauri It's because i'm a terrible person and painted in a bevel and directional lighting to the texture itself....

The good news is the coming texture set eradicates all lit bevels. The bad news is we're all stuck with the current hulls for the time being.

Reactions: Lecic

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Deleting posts? Calm down saber ;)

Keep them the same really. The style is nice, they're great for building with. The detail is subtle enough to allow for any type of ship and the slab squishing isn't too visible.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Deleting posts? Calm down saber ;)

Keep them the same really. The style is nice, they're great for building with. The detail is subtle enough to allow for any type of ship and the slab squishing isn't too visible.

Ha, yea, want to keep the derail to a minimum. This is tomorrow's task, so i'm hoping for a nice easy read with my coffee in the morning. ^^

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm pretty happy with those textures for the most part. I agree with Lecic about the odd lighting on the advanced.

If I would suggest one change it would be make the advanced just slightly more visibly different then the standard. Not much, but it would be great to get up close and see that it just looked bulkier.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Ha, yea, want to keep the derail to a minimum. This is tomorrow's task, so i'm hoping for a nice easy read with my coffee in the morning. ^^
    I know you said no new mechanics, but this isn't really new ;)

Perhaps you could use the randomly assigned textures like cargo, but only for the specular map for adv armour. Would mean that each panel looks like a unique panel, rather than the current style of ships looking like they're injection molded as a whole :P

Reactions: Valck
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm pretty happy with those textures for the most part. I agree with Lecic about the odd lighting on the advanced.

If I would suggest one change it would be make the advanced just slightly more visibly different then the standard. Not much, but it would be great to get up close and see that it just looked bulkier.
    I agree, but also I don't. Remember all the cool new detailing we were able to do when hull become noticeably different from other blocks of the same color?

A slightly larger variance between standard and advanced would provide a huge increase in detail potential for a very small investment on the part of the devs.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I know you said no new mechanics, but this isn't really new ;)

Perhaps you could use the randomly assigned textures like cargo, but only for the specular map for adv armour. Would mean that each panel looks like a unique panel, rather than the current style of ships looking like they're injection molded as a whole :p

Nice idea, i'll note it down.
    Obvious problems would be the sheer amount of textures required. To have just 1 alternate per hull type it would already be 36 additional textures.
    Could make this an advanced only feature perhaps to combat the quantity issue like you say.

Not sure if it's currently possible to mix assignments for the textures eg: Have the diffuse from index 1, normal from index 2 and specular for index 3.

It's a 1 index for all currently.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Nice idea, i'll note it down.
    Obvious problems would be the sheer amount of textures required. To have just 1 alternate per hull type it would already be 36 additional textures.
    Could make this an advanced only feature perhaps to combat the quantity issue.
    I don't think it would look right with the seamless nature of standard. Would break up the surface, so being an advanced only thing might be beneficial.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It would be interesting to use the same system that cargo spaces use for choosing a random texture. Possibly have some randomized variants with riveted plates of different sized to liven up one of the hull types?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Perhaps you could use the randomly assigned textures like cargo, but only for the specular map for adv armour. Would mean that each panel looks like a unique panel, rather than the current style of ships looking like they're injection molded as a whole :p
    While an interesting idea, bear in mind that any specialized mechanic like this would also tend to restrict what can be done creatively in other texture packs. For instance, if there aren't corresponding configuration options added to the texture pack system (as part of each texture pack), this would probably imply that advanced armor cannot be created as a seamless tiling texture since it would no longer look right.

Reaction score
    While an interesting idea, bear in mind that any specialized mechanic like this would also tend to restrict what can be done creatively in other texture packs. For instance, if there aren't corresponding configuration options added to the texture pack system (as part of each texture pack), this would probably imply that advanced armor cannot be created as a seamless tiling texture since it would no longer look right.
    Worst case you'd just have to have n copies of the same element in all possible 'slots'. If all possible choices are identical, it wouldn't matter exactly which 'variation' would get chosen.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Fill all slots for the randomly chosen texture with the same texture, and the random choice no longer matters.

[EDIT]Woops, didn't see you there Valck [/EDIT]