Kupu's thread

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    therimmer96 and I were wondering if it would be possible to have a few random selected screen textured for the newly arrived consoles (update is amazing).

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Was there a change to the ice texture? I feel like it's way more transparent, which I acutally like, because you can now see the Larimar and other stuff I use for my engines :D

Also amazing work on those consoles. I love them :)

Reactions: nightrune

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Was there a change to the ice texture? I feel like it's way more transparent, which I acutally like, because you can now see the Larimar and other stuff I use for my engines :D

Also amazing work on those consoles. I love them :)
    Errr, no ^^'
    Changes to lighting might of altered it perhaps? Nothing in the ice texture has changed though.

therimmer96 and I were wondering if it would be possible to have a few random selected screen textured for the newly arrived consoles (update is amazing).
    Random? Probably not. A range of different types? Quite likely.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Errr, no ^^'
    Changes to lighting might of altered it perhaps? Nothing in the ice texture has changed though.

Random? Probably not. A range of different types? Quite likely.
    random as it takes a random type of 4 premade or something like that, kinda like the cargo is randomly different coloured or something

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Right, the lighting might be the thing here, thanks :)

I personally would like to see variations of the console, like the other decorative screens, but not 'random' consoles

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Hello Kupu is it possible we could get metal shiny hull like this:

It would be awesome to have this type of armor on my ships

Exozen

C-D SOLDIER
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hey Kupu, will the Normal Maps for the new textures be "optimized"? The current one has dozens of copies of identical textures, such as the faces of weapons/etc computers. (I use the default 256x, so if it's different for the others I wouldn't know)

If the new PCs are gonna have identical Normals, I think it would be awesome if you could just use the same 3 (or more?) side/front/etc textures for all of 'em. Would really save on the amount of slots used, probably a whole texture sheet if done for all blocks that share textures.

Also I think some of us (me) want the ability to select the normals in the block editor. (TBH the block editor and all that other stuff needs a MAJOR overhaul)

P.S. Will 512x Textures ever return?

-Exozen

Reaction score
    hey kupu, i was wondering if there was any updates on carved stone wedges? only mention iv found of it was from last year. are they still planned or have they been scrapped? that you in advance :D

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Hey Kupu, will the Normal Maps for the new textures be "optimized"? The current one has dozens of copies of identical textures, such as the faces of weapons/etc computers. (I use the default 256x, so if it's different for the others I wouldn't know)

If the new PCs are gonna have identical Normals, I think it would be awesome if you could just use the same 3 (or more?) side/front/etc textures for all of 'em. Would really save on the amount of slots used, probably a whole texture sheet if done for all blocks that share textures.

Also I think some of us (me) want the ability to select the normals in the block editor. (TBH the block editor and all that other stuff needs a MAJOR overhaul)

P.S. Will 512x Textures ever return?

-Exozen
    Even if textures are re-used in the default pack it would likely be a bad idea to just use a single texture as anybody creating a texture pack would be have to work within this limitation.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hello Kupu is it possible we could get metal shiny hull...
    We have no plans on adding reflective properties just yet.

Hey Kupu, will the Normal Maps for the new textures be "optimized"? The current one has dozens of copies of identical textures, such as the faces of weapons/etc computers.

Maybe something we can look into to save some texture space. However it would be depending on whether the blocks can easily handle multiple unique texture assignments. Currently 5 map types are being referenced with a single index number on the atlas.

Block editor is fine for now. A couple of flags could be added but that certainly doesn't amount to a "major overhaul".

hey kupu, i was wondering if there was any updates on carved stone wedges? only mention iv found of it was from last year. are they still planned or have they been scrapped? that you in advance :D
    Planned! Stuff like this will be assessed and implemented with the new texture set. I will design with slabs in mind for new deco options.

Reaction score
    Planned! Stuff like this will be assessed and implemented with the new texture set. I will design with slabs in mind for new deco options.
    Awesome! Thank you oh Master of colors and textures! you just made my StarMade day! :D

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Speaking of new deco items...

We're still getting girders right? <3

Reactions: kupu

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    With the new texture pack, can lights get a much subtler border? they're really annoying to use in groups ATM because of the grid, but you can't always use crystals because you can't turn them off.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    We already have girders in our ships; it'd be nice for them to be formalized since they're already in the game anyway.

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Also wooden planks? ...with wedges and slabs?