Rejected gold and silver colored armor types

Reaction score
    hello
    like the topic stated I like to propose these 2 highly reflective colors to the already existing range of colored blocks.
    reflecting a low resolution cube map and a star or binary stars if one or more are near.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I think kupu has already commented on this, but I don't remember what the verdict was.

Reaction score
    its not that I want to make a solid gold ship
    yet
    I think guys like criss have a huge application for this with the amarr ships

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Yea, we currently don't have reflective properties in Starmade with no current plans to add them, so it's much more transparent for us to reject the idea. Things may change in the future, but this verdict is given with the info we have currently.

Hope that helps... even if it is to ruin your fun (sorry!).

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yea, we currently don't have reflective properties in Starmade with no current plans to add them, so it's much more transparent for us to reject the idea. Things may change in the future, but this verdict is given with the info we have currently.

Hope that helps... even if it is to ruin your fun (sorry!).
    I thought we had reflection-mapping now? Couldn't you just bring most of it up to maximum reflectivity?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I thought we had reflection-mapping now? Couldn't you just bring most of it up to maximum reflectivity?
    We have basic specular control, so we can control the amount of "shine" a surface has. Grass for example would have a lower specular value than a piece of smooth metal. Grass would show less bounce light than the smooth metal, as defined by the specular texture.

This doesn't equate to reflectivity, as reflections need to take into account their surroundings, not just the lightnings colour and intensity.

Reaction score
    We have basic specular control, so we can control the amount of "shine" a surface has. Grass for example would have a lower specular value than a piece of smooth metal. Grass would show less bounce light than the smooth metal, as defined by the specular texture.

This doesn't equate to reflectivity, as reflections need to take into account their surroundings, not just the lightnings colour and intensity.
    ohh

is it possible to have the 3 armor types in color #ccaa66 with its specular set to full ?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    ohh

is it possible to have the 3 armor types in color #ccaa66 with its specular set to full ?
    I'd encourage you to learn how to modify the texture packs yourself and see :D