Kupu's thread

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think computers should show an interface.

I see no keyboard or touchpad - I guess a lot of peoples might confuse it with the modules.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    forgot to change back 256, and just now i change back ti 256, i am ......

nice work !! KUPU we love you <3 haha

Reactions: kupu
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is achievable (and always has been) in the block editor.

A 3 texture block, for example grass, plexlift, factories and the new warhead, can have an animation. You simply toggle animation : true, and on the texture sheet place your animation frames after the SIDE face. It only targets the side face, not the top or bottom.

However we are working on a single face animation system currently.
    Ah, I see. I thought perhaps the new face-mapping system had added features like individually animated faces or animation when activate.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Cant say that I am a fan of the new orange glass (dev build). It certainly is more orange but it looks awful with the brown hull I normally use it with. Do you think we could get a brown glass that uses the texture of the old orange?
    ps It actually looks great but it takes away a decoration option that use to be available.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah... Brown glass was really cool. We should definitely get brown crystal armour...

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Suggestion noted, thanks.

As i'm sure you're all aware the orange crystal hull did need to look... well, orange. ^^

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Got a few config bugs currently resulting in texture errors or mis assigned textures for the rail update.

It will be fixed with the coming hotfix.

Other little tweaks in this update include, sharper motherboard textures and better light block textures. I've also toned down "non light" light sources. Logic / Capsules and Power caps will no longer super saturate everything. Soft glows should now be soft glows.

Coming soon; Animated rails, new Camera texture, new Circuits texture.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Got a few config bugs currently resulting in texture errors or mis assigned textures for the rail update.

It will be fixed with the coming hotfix.

Other little tweaks in this update include, sharper motherboard textures and better light block textures. I've also toned down "non light" light sources. Logic / Capsules and Power caps will no longer super saturate everything. Soft glows should now be soft glows.

Coming soon; Animated rails, new Camera texture, new Circuits texture.
    This might break some borg cubes which use these blocks for internal lightening.

Why not just make power caps lights?
    Set them to default off (or to a lower level of light emission), but make them activate-able by logic input...

If they work in a similar manner as the rail blocks, they could accept different inputs for different light levels.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I am crazy to see what art team is working right now!!! kupu, i hope you will tease more in the future

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I am crazy to see what art team is working right now!!! kupu, i hope you will tease more in the future
    Yea, you're right, it's been too long since i've shown a image or two.

Unfortunately i can't give away the surprise yet though. I imagine you are all beyond waiting for fauna as it was announced so long ago. But we've had some unavoidable real life complications over the past few months. So thanks for the patience, i really do appreciate it. :)

Hopefully we can create something worth the wait.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yea, you're right, it's been too long since i've shown a image or two.

Unfortunately i can't give away the surprise yet though. I imagine you are all beyond waiting for fauna as it was announced so long ago. But we've had some unavoidable real life complications over the past few months. So thanks for the patience, i really do appreciate it. :)

Hopefully we can create something worth the wait.
    well, i was already expecting that kind of answer, for this reason i said to tease more in the future. But is good to know that you guys are working so much on the fauna

Reaction score
    I just wish there was more difference between the basic/standard/advanced factory modules.
    Even with white lights, it is difficult for me to tell them apart. add a hint of colored light and they become completely indistinguishable.

I edited the textures a bit to add a big ol' 'B' "S" and "A" on the screen portions, but it looks kinda awful. But I deal unless you choose something else :)

Also, I don't know if it has been addressed, is it possible to do anything about the sloped sections in 'hazard' armor having inverted textures? or is it an engine thing?

Last edited:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Little progress report!

We're getting close now, perhaps 2 weeks and the Pixel pack should be completely done (if not in the game before then).

The goal was to keep the same designs and feel of the Default textures, but allow for a greater clarity at low resolutions.
    I think we're achieving that. Let me know your thoughts!

Some screens below, although still consider everything WIP. :)

Dire Badger Currently that is an engine issue. The vertices order has a few bugs in it (also giving us broken gravity modules and a few others). They should get fixed though.

As for the factories, i'll have a look and think about it. I certainly don't want players getting confused over something as small as factory types.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Little progress report!

We're getting close now, perhaps 2 weeks and the Pixel pack should be completely done (if not in the game before then).

The goal was to keep the same designs and feel of the Default textures, but allow for a greater clarity at low resolutions.
    I think we're achieving that. Let me know your thoughts!

Some screens below, although still consider everything WIP. :)

Dire Badger Currently that is an engine issue. The vertices order has a few bugs in it (also giving us broken gravity modules and a few others). They should get fixed though.

As for the factories, i'll have a look and think about it. I certainly don't want players getting confused over something as small as factory types.
    Good work :) I'm tempted to switch from the Default ones permanently ;-)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Pixel pack is pretty much done. 2 left out of the 650-ish blocks! It should be shipped with the HP update if everything goes well.

I've added a real simple and subtle normal map (for hulls only) and changed up a couple of the block designs a little bit.
    Some of the changes might actually propagate over into the Default pack soon ^^

It feels good to be finally able to provide a fitting alternative to 256 textures.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hmmm and what of realistic? If it continued to exist in updates will it at least be given default textures for new blocks?