Kupu's thread

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    B! he chose B!

I was hoping you wouldn't choose B... it's not even 5 minutes old?!

Ladies and Gents, Box B contains a Capsule Refinery. It's part of the factory texture overhaul coming to the default pack soon.

[DOUBLEPOST=1413298636,1413298546][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You like this, don't you?
    Love it.

In things like this you always get the bad reward.
    Only if i have nothing to show. :p

But where is the fun in the game if i cheat the format? All 3 boxes have a prize.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Oh, that refinery looks wonderful! I spend a lot, and I mean A LOT, of time around factories, so I really appreciate these changes. Thank you so very, very much. Oh, and this was me a moment ago when I read your post: :)

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Oh, that refinery looks wonderful! I spend a lot, and I mean A LOT, of time around factories, so I really appreciate these changes. Thank you so very, very much. Oh, and this was me a moment ago when I read your post: :)
    Yea, they needed some love. Besides, the current default pack was using old "realistic" pack textures. Perhaps we can even animate factories to breath a little more life into engineering rooms etc. Love me some flashing lights and blinky things.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    kkk, i think i read your mind then. but i love this capsule refinery. i can imagine so many ways to animate it and all looks great on my mind

Reactions: kupu

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    B! he chose B!

I was hoping you wouldn't choose B... it's not even 5 minutes old?!

Ladies and Gents, Box B contains a Capsule Refinery. It's part of the factory texture overhaul coming to the default pack soon.

[DOUBLEPOST=1413298636,1413298546][/DOUBLEPOST]

Love it.

Only if i have nothing to show. :p

But where is the fun in the game if i cheat the format? All 3 boxes have a prize.
    And now I'm sitting at work drooling on my keyboard. Thanks kupu......Looks amazing though! =) Keep up the good work buddy.[DOUBLEPOST=1413319461][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, does that say Trix on one of the buttons? Please tell me that says Trix....

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    And now I'm sitting at work drooling on my keyboard. Thanks kupu......Looks amazing though! =) Keep up the good work buddy.[DOUBLEPOST=1413319461][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, does that say Trix on one of the buttons? Please tell me that says Trix....
    I believe it says "TRIM"

I now wish we could put factories on ships, even if they don't do anything. That looks amazing and would be a great decorative option.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You could use the block editor in the launcher to change the texture of, for example, the decorative panels. It shouldn't be too hard to change a blocks's texture.

It would of course be nice to just be able to place them on ships, but the block editor can be a nice alternative.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You could use the block editor in the launcher to change the texture of, for example, the decorative panels. It shouldn't be too hard to change a blocks's texture.

It would of course be nice to just be able to place them on ships, but the block editor can be a nice alternative.
    Or I could edit the texture sheet to look like whatever I want, but that doesn't matter if I intend to share my ships as anybody who downloads them won't see what I see.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Niceeeeeee. It looks really good. You can expect to look at those in a bunch of other factory modules, and instantly pick out that it's a capsule refinery. And all the details make sense.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Well, the capsule refinery make my day yesterday, and i got thinking.

Is possible to animate a block only when he is in use? like the trusters and cannons? i want to see some animation like minecraft furnaces is, that only show when they are cooking, something this capsule refinery could use that idea (would look great in my mind) let's say that that a capsule appears being filled.

In other talks, how you gonna show the A and C choices?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I guess Kupu could either do it randomly, or he could let someone choose again.

But seriously, @kupu , if people get all hyped about one face of a cube block for a game, you know you are doing something right. So.... Great job! Can't wait to see what else you are going to show us!

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    No it's just the fact that Caldari starts with C

Reaction score
    Well, the capsule refinery make my day yesterday, and i got thinking.

Is possible to animate a block only when he is in use? like the trusters and cannons? i want to see some animation like minecraft furnaces is, that only show when they are cooking, something this capsule refinery could use that idea (would look great in my mind) let's say that that a capsule appears being filled.

In other talks, how you gonna show the A and C choices?
    I believe you are looking for the particle system that has been in the works for quite some time.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I believe you are looking for the particle system that has been in the works for quite some time.
    Yea, @flpsantoss , i think particle effects would be a better indicator of using blocks than a 4 frame animation. :)

Oh no, i've started a 'thing'. The other 2 tiles were not nearly as exciting.
    @Thadius Faran , i'll reveal box C later on today.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    For those late to the game, we have 3 boxes containing 3 random proposed textures.

Alright, gather round, lets open box C.

Box C is..... a Red Lava! Red lava? RED LAVA!

How unusual.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Kkkk, from a certain point i think the Caldari whas trolled.

The lava looks so nice and vibrant and make the normal lava look like orange juice.

In other talks, the kind of animation i was talking about is like the gif i made below

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Real nice man. It's a shame we would only have 4 frames and can't specify the type of capsule being made. But yea, i love the gif.