Kill Docked Power Entirely

Reaction score
    make active dockers and rail pairs invulnerable? No more dedock, no more problems.
    So simple, so effective, and the effect on the rest of the game would be insignificant. You should start a thread for this idea Tardis.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    make active dockers and rail pairs invulnerable? No more dedock, no more problems.
    Er... A forward armor bulkhead of invulnerable dockers and rails anyone? Only a few thousand entities... I prefer spawning 'invulnerable' ghost rails when a rail or docker gets destroyed, that keep the entities in place but renders then inert.

Reaction score
    Er... A forward armor bulkhead of invulnerable dockers and rails anyone? Only a few thousand entities... I prefer spawning 'invulnerable' ghost rails when a rail or docker gets destroyed, that keep the entities in place but renders then inert.
    True, true.

Also turning off collisions with weapons for them would be a fix for that.

EDIT: Posted a suggestion thread for above.

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Let me clarify: The core is "Invulnerable" In that it can't be destroyed by weapons fire. It still takes damage, still applies that damage to it's entity's systems, etc.

You can CURRENTLY make your "invulnerable bulkhead" by lining up a bunch of rails, dockers, and cores, and giving them each 101% extra systems HP in relation to the core block you leave as the "leading edge".

I'm just proposing fixing rail dedock by never allowing active rails or dockers to drop below 1 block hp, while directly passing any damage they take to the SHP pool. :)

Reactions: Borr