Kaiserliche Marinewerften: First 300m Ship, (WIP) Deus Ex Krieg

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Updates please!
    Yeah I'm so sorry I haven't been on. The issue is do to the fact I moved (IRL). Where I am now, the net is so bad that playing SM online is not possible, I simply don't have the speeds needed to load simple things. I WILL work on this bad boy come my next move (i'm chilling with my family after leaving my old place). I left my old city to go back to work in D.C. and I'm now waiting for the paperwork to be finalized. Once the paperwork is done I will leave this place and be in D.C. with good net speeds. I promise I will continue this project. So yeah, I'm not dead just dealing with moving 2 times within 4 months. Cheers!!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Excellent that this project isn't dead. I wish you the best of luck with your paperwork. May your move be simple and free of complications, may your job be friendly and pay well, and may your internet speeds be high.

Reactions: Col_Kurtz
    Reaction score
    Excellent that this project isn't dead. I wish you the best of luck with your paperwork. May your move be simple and free of complications, may your job be friendly and pay well, and may your internet speeds be high.
    Lol thanks man, I just want to get back to work IRL and get back to messing with this project. I saved everything before I moved so it shouldn't be an issue getting it up and going once my next move takes place.

Reaction score
    Well I decided to keep working in single player due to the net issues. I should have some updates within the next couple of days. I really look forward to getting back on the project and I apologize to those who were watching the progress when I moved. In any case, I'm back? See you all soon!

Reaction score
    Nice ship. I especially love that radar setup you've got. Your AMS turrets look very overbuilt to me, but mine are strictly functional, covered in advanced armor only because it was possible for me to do so. Also because exposed systems blocks are ugly. But it's a 3 block wide, double-barreled gun with 50% cannon effect, 100% overdrive, and 1 output. 4 block main cannon. It's set for "All" on one ship, but on larger ones it'll get switched for a smaller, more size-efficient one for missiles only. Yours looks neat though. Good work!

Reaction score
    I just mean they have a LOT of non-module blocks for my design philosophy (once it works leave it alone). They're good, they're just not my style. My style involves less pretty-ifying and more punishment-packed-into-small-spaces. It ain't pretty ... but MY AMS KILLS MORE THAN YOUR AMS :P ;)

Reaction score
    I just mean they have a LOT of non-module blocks for my design philosophy (once it works leave it alone). They're good, they're just not my style. My style involves less pretty-ifying and more punishment-packed-into-small-spaces. It ain't pretty ... but MY AMS KILLS MORE THAN YOUR AMS :p ;)

Ohhhhh yeah I see what you mean now. Yeah I'm trying to make up for the lack of power with numbers but there is only so much I can do with this style. I'd love the ship to be great in combat but the visuals are a tad more favored, to say the least :P I saw some awesome AMS builds but I cant get over how the system blocks look. For me it was building such a small ship, I've been limited in power in order to maintain the "pretty" look :) Thanks for your input by the way!!!

Reaction score
    Hehehe, you should see my ultra-minimalistic AMS barrel. The base has a bit of a flair, but the thing can rotate just about anywhere and not look strange. If you'd like, I can show you an image of how to make the smaller C-C combo possible....and make it look something like a true minigun or autocannon mount. Of course, I'd have to get the image later.

Reaction score
    Hehehe, you should see my ultra-minimalistic AMS barrel. The base has a bit of a flair, but the thing can rotate just about anywhere and not look strange. If you'd like, I can show you an image of how to make the smaller C-C combo possible....and make it look something like a true minigun or autocannon mount. Of course, I'd have to get the image later.
    That would be great!

Update: 27 Apr 2016

Worked on the bridge a little, still getting used to SM again.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Alrighty, I'll get an image.

Here you go: starmade-screenshot-0002.png
    It's shaped like that, but doesn't need to be. The horizontal axis is embedded in the black plate, the vertical is just barely visible on the gun's right, and it has an excellent range of motion. Cannon-cannon, one emitter, 2 modules total, utterly useless for anything BUT missile work.

But work it does. These things, in numbers, can fill space with utterly insane amounts of fire.

Reaction score
    I have an equivalent one, but it's modules only and it has a few extra ones ... not sure what they are. About 8 of those on a gunship was sufficient to stop 99% of all missiles off of a TIE fighter with heatseeking missile armament. Probably 40-50% effect. Maybe 1 hit and it couldn't breach the shields. Yes! Just pack space with those puppies and let'em rip.

Reaction score
    Update: 29 Apr 2016

I started to add some things to the side of the ship to break up the dead space and I'm really happy with the way the arrows turned out. I also cut the antenna that was protruding from the lower prow and went with a solid fin.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Soooo after taking some time working on the drones for the competition, I took a break to make a missile turret for my Command Cruiser. It's nothing crazy but I wanted something that could fire off some missiles without me having to manually take control. later I'll get to work on some larger turrets but this was good for me to practice small building. I tend to have an issue getting detail in small builds so why not practice on turrets? The download is on the first page of this thread, enjoy!

Reactions: Rumcajz and ltmauve
    Reaction score
    Got some more work done on the ship. I really like the way it's turning out!

I redesigned the windows on the side of the ship.

Added more spots for AMS

Playing with shapes to make the back of the ship look better.

Having fun trying new shapes and working with red glass.

Looks like a beast!!

Trying out a new Missile Turret design.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Spent more time on the side of the ship....... I don't know what to do about the windows..... I feel like they are too flat >.> BUT I HAZ NO IDEA WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT..... Any advice would be epic.

I redesigned the main docking bay.... I'll probably do another change but we shall see.

Any ideas on what to do with all this empty space?

And here is a picture of the dark side of the ship.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Tester
    - Windows do look fine to me (and yes my windows do look boring then too ;) )
    - is the empty space outside under the shield shaped hull ? ... then logic indirect lighting maybe ?

really nice work ... a bit too many colours for my taste but thats only me probably :)

Reaction score
    - Windows do look fine to me (and yes my windows do look boring then too ;) )
    - is the empty space outside under the shield shaped hull ? ... then logic indirect lighting maybe ?

really nice work ... a bit too many colours for my taste but thats only me probably :)
    Thanks for the feedback! How would I fix the color issue? What color would I replace with what?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    You wont fix it ... its a personal thing. If you do like it its fine i would say, nothing wrong with it.
    You know i am one of those persons who could consider stardestroyer grey as a fancy color and UFP white hulls as over the top ;)

Reaction score
    You wont fix it ... its a personal thing. If you do like it its fine i would say, nothing wrong with it.
    You know i am one of those persons who could consider stardestroyer grey as a fancy color and UFP white hulls as over the top ;)
    Lol I see what you mean. For me I go crazy if I cant see lines. When I build with too much grey I get upset if I cant see an indentation I made. My windows are a great example. There is an indentation just behind the frame that you can't really notice......... it's driving me up a wall!