Kaiserliche Marinewerften: First 300m Ship, (WIP) Deus Ex Krieg

Reaction score
    Put a lighter color on it to bring it out. Or, for that matter, a darker one.
    Or just light up the section so it brings out contrast.

Reactions: Col_Kurtz
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Put a lighter color on it to bring it out. Or, for that matter, a darker one.
    Or just light up the section so it brings out contrast.
    Yeah I want to add something but I'm not sure what. If I add a lighter color to that spot then it will draw attention to the empty space. The lights you see are only markers so I can remember that some areas might need work. Because my ship has a black hull, I use them to mark areas so I don't forget about them. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You don't have to do anything with the empty space, and it's okay to have a blank spot in the hull.
    I fact I think you might be getting a bit too cluttered.

Reaction score
    You don't have to do anything with the empty space, and it's okay to have a blank spot in the hull.

Hrm but then from a design aspect, how do we reconcile the look of clutter while maintaining a complicated greebled look?

Reaction score
    Fixed my window issue and worked on the area where the turrets are docked.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz and ltmauve
    Reaction score
    You know, I think he has a point. Areas of that ship are being drowned in details.
    I think your answer is to go with larger detail work - big pipes, large windows/hangar bays, random ridges of uncertain and colorful variety - things that take up more space and still give it a complicated look. Then we won't be drowning in the colors and depth changes, though they're very cool.
    Alternatively, if YOU like it, and ONLY if YOU like it, you can call it good.
    It's your call, just trying to help with a personal thing. If you like my suggestion, that's fine, but go with your own feelings.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The new windows look very nice.
    (I'd actually remove the leftmost bit of scaffolding, the one over the piping)

Reaction score
    You know, I think he has a point. Areas of that ship are being drowned in details.
    I think your answer is to go with larger detail work - big pipes, large windows/hangar bays, random ridges of uncertain and colorful variety - things that take up more space and still give it a complicated look. Then we won't be drowning in the colors and depth changes, though they're very cool.
    Alternatively, if YOU like it, and ONLY if YOU like it, you can call it good.
    It's your call, just trying to help with a personal thing. If you like my suggestion, that's fine, but go with your own feelings.

I really appreciate the input guys. It's helping me quite a bit to have another few sets of eyes looking at the ship. In order to tone down the chaos, I removed a lot of the white hull and removed all the random blue lights. I went for more red and grey so it doesn't look like a whole bunch of colors fighting for attention. I might even change some of the colors in the rear but we shall see!

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Much cleaner looking, pretty nice. The stripe is a nice touch. Go for consistent decoration if you don't want a large plain area. In other words, make the decorations similar all over the ship, in the same colors and patterns, to prevent distraction and craziness.

Reaction score
    I removed the mid white wing/fin/armor in order to make the ship look slimmer and to get rid of the massive white wall. I think this also helped in cleaning up the shape and look of the ship :)

Reaction score
    Maybe I should look into building ships like that. I can't imagine building any of my ships again with apparently exposed details. My ships are composed of armor plates and very little detail (I'm not very artistic, so the greebling thing is just beyond me most of the time).

Also, my color scheme is grey. Star Destroyer Grey. Just plain old grey armor in whatever color you like.
    Although my Star Wars builds stay true to original colors :)

Reaction score
    Maybe I should look into building ships like that. I can't imagine building any of my ships again with apparently exposed details. My ships are composed of armor plates and very little detail (I'm not very artistic, so the greebling thing is just beyond me most of the time).

Also, my color scheme is grey. Star Destroyer Grey. Just plain old grey armor in whatever color you like.
    Although my Star Wars builds stay true to original colors :)
    Grey ism't bad :p You can use dark grey and even black to help line things. If you're comfortable with your Star Wars builds you can always try making a hybrid with different parts. :p

PS: Here is a site to help when messing about with a good color scheme :)

Color Site

Last edited:

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Awesome work man! Might sound strange, but that little ball turret caught my attention (Ignores epic ship). Hows that work? Would be awesome if you had blueprints (Hint, Hint).

Reaction score
    Awesome work man! Might sound strange, but that little ball turret caught my attention (Ignores epic ship). Hows that work? Would be awesome if you had blueprints (Hint, Hint).
    Yeah that little AMS is so awesome! I love how fast that thing is! When used it groups it puts out a wall of fire that shreds missiles :)

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Missiles now have hitpoints depending on there damage rating (or something like that), so 1 on 1 CPU AMS do look fantastic ...
    but wont neccesarily kill the incomming Nuke missile before it hits.

because toooooo many entities and turrets are killing the performance this was the step to go to prevent people from doing 1000 AMS turrets on a ship .. i think that was the reason at least.

Reaction score
    Missiles now have hitpoints depending on there damage rating (or something like that), so 1 on 1 CPU AMS do look fantastic ...
    but wont neccesarily kill the incomming Nuke missile before it hits.

because toooooo many entities and turrets are killing the performance this was the step to go to prevent people from doing 1000 AMS turrets on a ship .. i think that was the reason at least.

Good to know, I'll have to see about coming up with a heavier AMS for situations like that.

Reaction score
    Just create a C/C/Overdrive with about 4 main modules, 4 Overdrive, and 2 secondary Cannon modules. It works beautifully. Still MG-style rapid fire, but approximately 140 dps.

Reaction score
    Just create a C/C/Overdrive with about 4 main modules, 4 Overdrive, and 2 secondary Cannon modules. It works beautifully. Still MG-style rapid fire, but approximately 140 dps.
    I made an AMS that falls in line with your suggestions ( C/C/O with 4O and 2C)....... and I love it!! The last photo is of the two I added to the sides of the ship. They are a nice low profile turret that still has an awesome firing arc...... I really like this one.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Missiles still have no health, as far as I know. Although I suppose I've never tried to shoot down a powerful nuke....but still, a 2 block C-C should not be able to shoot down a M-M combo with 70 blocks with one shot, assuming the missiles get a health boost.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    I do assume that was then removed again in the settings ... because my AMS on the testserver couldnt take down one block Missiles at one point ^^
    (it is in i was told .. could be that the HP value is so small or still 0 so that it doesnt matter however)