Is this game dead?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    this game needs a general & multiplayer optimization greater than anyone can imagine.... not this balance crap every update.. it's 0.15 alpha for christ's sake, build a really good, optimized and stable core before you start balancing shield recharge rate...

open alpha where you want to meet the players' needs and develop the core of the game at the same time is not a job for 1 developer
    Well then it's a good thing there is one developer coding and one making the vanilla statistics, instead of 1 doing both.

Shield recharge rate is a core part of the game, anyway.

Reaction score
    The game could also get another small boom in population whenever it gets put up on Steam. From my understanding it was already Greenlit, it's just between the devs and Steam to get the game up on there.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    The game could also get another small boom in population whenever it gets put up on Steam. From my understanding it was already Greenlit, it's just between the devs and Steam to get the game up on there.
    Extra Credits did an excellent video on early access games. If you put something on Steam too early, it loses it's hype and players who played during early alpha (like now) get bored and don't come back when it's finished. They tell their friends, "eh, it was ok," and those friends don't buy it.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Extra Credits did an excellent video on early access games. If you put something on Steam too early, it loses it's hype and players who played during early alpha (like now) get bored and don't come back when it's finished. They tell their friends, "eh, it was ok," and those friends don't buy it.
    For the curious, here's the video in question:

Reaction score
    I don't like the idea of shield rechargers, I don't hate them (which means I still don't like them). But my battleship can't hurt a clone of itself without it's missiles. It deals damage, but it recharges right back up to 100% faster than it can do damage. And it doesn't even have many shield rechargers, probably 40.

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I don't like the idea of shield rechargers, I don't hate them (which means I still don't like them). But my battleship can't hurt a clone of itself without it's missiles. It deals damage, but it recharges right back up to 100% faster than it can do damage. And it doesn't even have many shield rechargers, probably 40.
    The shields are bugged... I once managed to bring a ship's shields down while its owner was away (I was trolling) but it still read 100% and still showed shield graphics when stuff hit it. However, if I fired my lasers at it, after a little while blocks were destroyed.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The shields are bugged... I once managed to bring a ship's shields down while its owner was away (I was trolling) but it still read 100% and still showed shield graphics when stuff hit it. However, if I fired my lasers at it, after a little while blocks were destroyed.
    Yes, that's a bug, after some time they seem to unbug though

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That doesn't prove anything but that it is indeed... a fancy door opener that also can be a light switch. His point is that the logic system doesn't really do anything particularly unique and useful (the one current exception being the new docking integration. That's good.) :\
    "A fancy door opener that can also be a light switch", and a weapon and a security system and a counter and a light system (which is not the same as a light switch, too simple of a concept). What else do you want it to do so you consider it has uses? Fly your ships?! You already have AI for that.

It just baffles me that you're so unaware of what is possible with a logic system (which is not only a feature in Starmade but also a universal language with nearly infinite customization).

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

Here's something awesome that Gamel has made with logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: BDLS and Arkudo
    Reaction score
    What do you propose we launch from said torpedo tubes?

With the state of shields nothing you can launch will do worthwhile damage compared to a weapon that fills up the same volume as the intricate logic system.

Now, with that said, it is neat...I jua5 wish it was functionally worth the trouble.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    What do you propose we launch from said torpedo tubes?

With the state of shields nothing you can launch will do worthwhile damage compared to a weapon that fills up the same volume as the intricate logic system.

Now, with that said, it is neat...I jua5 wish it was functionally worth the trouble.
    As I said in the youtube video, I was building this for escape ship
    but then i figured this can also be a torpedo system which sounds so much more fun:p

For real use, I think we need to wait for updates, I saw this video from @Tomino_sama have Collision System!!!
    I think this system will ignore the shield system for physical damage
    Here is the video:

Reactions: Arkudo

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    "A fancy door opener that can also be a light switch", and a weapon and a security system and a counter and a light system (which is not the same as a light switch, too simple of a concept). What else do you want it to do so you consider it has uses? Fly your ships?! You already have AI for that.

It just baffles me that you're so unaware of what is possible with a logic system (which is not only a feature in Starmade but also a universal language with nearly infinite customization).
    I know what's possible... But how much of it is practical and isn't an inferior, clumsier version of an existing feature (missiles, for instance.)? Sure, it can be really amazing, but is it practical, besides as an automatic door opener and the like?

Reaction score
    As I said in the youtube video, I was building this for escape ship
    but then i figured this can also be a torpedo system which sounds so much more fun:p

For real use, I think we need to wait for updates, I saw this video from @Tomino_sama have Collision System!!!
    I think this system will ignore the shield system for physical damage
    Here is the video:
    Trust me when I say it is impressive. :) No disrespect on the engineering. It is just my gripe about the volume=stats issue I have.

As for the video, if collision dmg ignores shields you will see some serious railguns in the future...at least from me. Lol.

Now if we could just get away from the volume mechanic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What about disintegrator blocks mounted on said torpedoes? or am I missing something?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    well this could be a way to launch drone fighters into battle if you hooked up multiple docks and arrays, but I can see where this can get inefficient space-wise

Reaction score
    I would say many of us are still here, patiently waiting, watching, without engaging or game play.

Reaction score
    The game is still being developed. It's not dead, it just needs someone to take the players in the right direction. The 2/3 of the players who only want to build awesome looking ships and then pilot them by themselves into fake scheduled battles can't keep interest in this game going for long. Game features won't keep it going either.