Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    :) Yeah I'm way back from June-July 2013, feels like a whole-nother-time from where we are now. Good to see other seasoned players are still around

Reaction score
    As someone who has only ever seen/heard of Mushroom Fleet from a handful of Youtube videos, this is what I currently think of this whole thing:

I want nothing to do with MF, I don't want anything to do with it's members, I do not want to watch any of their videos from this point forwards. I know a clique when I see one, and the reprehensible behavior of MF that I've seen on these boards since this whole council thing went down has painted them in the light of being spoiled children.

Absolutely any fan group that decides that they are the heart of the entire gaming community is already overstepping their bounds, but one that throws public temper tantrums like this when they don't get their way are even worse.

Mushroom Fleet, you are not StarMade. You do not represent the StarMade playerbase. You are not the reason the game is popular. Everything I have seen from you and everyone associated with you has been of the most negative qualities of any fandom. You do not act like adults, you all appear to have grossly inflated egos and senses of self importance, and as evidenced by this thread and countless others when you don't get your way you simply scream and cry and throw a fit until you get your way.

As a third party observer that has no vested interest in either side of the debate, let me just say this again. You only represent the worst part of the community, and as a StarMade player, I want nothing to do with you.
    Edymnion really sums it up well. Every time one of you MF players decides to pop up another one of these threads about your feelings I think less and less of your community as a whole and feel more and more that the right choice was made after the fact (they really should have just disbarred him from running in the firstplace).

You people should just let it die, because all you are doing is dragging yourselves down into the mire. It's a poor first impression to leave.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Throwing general insults around doesn't help us (Mushroomfleet) to change our picture towards the rest of the community. And also it's probalbly almost futile to try by now. Since this post of yours is pretty good proof that no matter how much I try and be friendly and humble, it's not enough for everybody.
    Read the first post of this thread. I've seen multiple threads so far that echo it.

What I as a third party observer have seen is not a friendly, humble group. What I have seen is arrogance and temper tantrum throwing.

How do you repair the reputation of MF at this point, IMO? You denounce the people that make threads like this. Publicly. You make it painfully clear that the rest of the group does not condone this kind of activity, and you take steps to make sure it stops. Ban people from the server that come here just to stir crap like this up. Keep your dirty laundry private.

As a third party, I don't *CARE* if any one person is or is not on the council. I honestly don't care about the council itself, its just an unpaid volunteer group elected as part of a popularity contest that has less power than the kid behind the Starbucks counter that gets Bench his coffee. If this Tomino-whatever guy was treated wrongly, then work it out behind closed doors and fix it. If the decision is final, then lump it up and move on with life, because the only thing this public fit throwing is going to do is make your group look worse and more spoiled with every passing day/thread.

This is not a fight that can be won in this manner. Control your members. It doesn't matter if the rest of your group agrees with them or not, if they are allowed to keep this up, your silence implies your consent to their actions. Do not make excuses for them, do not try to explain things away. These people who yell the loudest are representing you if you like it or not, and the only way you're going to escape being judged along side them is to distance yourself from them as much as you possibly can.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    See, this is what i mean, an another 3 page thread, started by a singlr troll and left to us so we could burn each other. Hasn't already enough time been wasted on this foolishnes? There are galaxies ahead of us all but for some reason we are stuck at this person that due to his childish behaviour dos not deserve our time and energy.
    Please disemband...

Last edited:
    Reactions: SkylordLuke

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This has probably been pointed out already; When people refer to MF they usually mean the core management (which is pretty much Tomino). 99.9% of negativity is directed at Tomino and what he does under the MF insigna, not the server. Unfortunately people tend to over-generalize and the distinction becomes blurry. Just look at WW2, some people assumed that all germans were incarnations of evil, which just wasn't true.

Hell, I won't say that I like Tom, but I have absolutely nothing against regular MF players (why would I?). The actual server is just a SM server like others, after all. I played on it, apart from minor ping lag (which is expected from a server on a different continent) there isn't really much to say.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I mean, I don't even see what MF's end goal is in all of this, if there is one beyond making noise for the sake of making noise (aka whining)?

If MF's version of events is correct, then the entire council hates this Tomino guy and were just looking for an excuse to kick him out. Why would anyone want to walk back into that situation? Pretty clear the guy is never getting his seat back (nor should he want it back if his version of events is true), and all this is doing is poisoning the well to make sure nobody else from MF can ever get on the council either.

Reaction score
    Please remember this is only to find out what people think that's all what has happened has happened its only for people to have there say that's all

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    retty clear the guy is never getting his seat back (nor should he want it back if his version of events is true), and all this is doing is poisoning the well to make sure nobody else from MF can ever get on the council either.
    Tomino isn't exactly interested in MF's part in the community, he is interested in titles and himself (mostly). Otherwise he would have known that the best solution is to send a spokesperson to run for council (you can't tell me a parent honestly thinks he has 80 hours to spare a week), but I guess that wouldn't have contributed to shoving the Tomino name into everyone's face on a daily basis.

prime that sounds alot more humble than your thread title would imply. Sadly, it is kind of too late to change that, because you have already ruined any objective discussion with your MF-typical binary poll, clearly showing the intent.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Please remember this is only to find out what people think that's all what has happened has happened its only for people to have there say that's all
    Then why did you make it in such an obviously biased manner? There's a difference between asking "Do you agree with Politician X?" and "Politician X eats babies and uses kittens as hacky sacks, do you actually support their stupid opinions?"

Tomino isn't exactly interested in MF's part in the community, he is interested in titles and himself (mostly).
    Clearly, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt for the sake of presenting a small attempt at fairness and balance.

This isn't Fox News, after all.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    While this topic's OP is nothing but useless flame war bait, I think the title still represents a valid point...
    "Make your own game."

-Wedtm

I dunno if I got the context wrong, but the way it sounds is just... wow.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    "Politician X eats babies and uses kittens as hacky sacks, do you actually support their stupid opinions?"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I agree that the whole council drama was a nasty business that shouldn't happen but not only it was blown out of proportion, I don't think it makes the council itself a joke.

Yes, the whole fight, bad PR resulting from it and general Tomino business could possibly be avoided or mitigated. But I also don't see it as some horrible StarMade life-or-death thing. No matter on whose side was the right and no matter if one agrees with the impeachment or not, it's kind of simple thing for me - either the guy was trolled or he couldn't play well with the others - one way or another the council couldn't work with such internal dissonance so they had to split with him.

I think that too many people got wrong impression from the whole official mood of the council and the name itself. They are not and weren't ever made to be some super users, the elite. Yes, they have some privilege and a tie with Schine a bit closer than average community member but it's part of their job. Their job is to filter input from the community, distill the ideas and opinions, and - with others users community regarded as reasonable and knowledgeable enough - present it to Schine so the devteam has decent idea of what's going on without having to keep an eye on the place for many hours a day.

Is there a point for there to be such a filter? I don't know. Most of what they are doing they could do anyway, but if that bit of it having official mantle and bragging rights helps them motivate, it's fine as long as the council members won't start to think of themselves as better but will work for the sake of the community as a whole, without playing favorites.

So far we got some nice things out of the whole deal and a lot of work. But the whole council is a really fresh, new thing so I'll wait a bit before judging if it's a joke or working, effective tool, no matter what I'd think about the whole Tomino business.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    It's been literally a week now and people are still carrying this on. For what purpose?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It's been literally a week now and people are still carrying this on. For what purpose?
    I am willing to bet you part of my limited funds that the answer it 'lack of drama' or 'outrage'. The usual.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I am willing to bet you part of my limited funds that the answer it 'lack of drama' or 'outrage'. The usual.
    Clearly. Just go to their G+, people are swarming to protect "their shogun". From what? The Skubmaid loominaty? Himself? If this wasn't happening on the internet I'd be concerned that they were in a cult.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I once was like a fanboy for mushroom fleet because it was something popular and they had a lot of videos. So I started watching his videos.. Annd I was like "These are a whole bunch of talking with very little interesting content." Then I saw how some of his community was and how he portrayed himself. I quickly became uninterested. As things progressed I learned to dislike him because his immaturity and his how he reminds me of the yogscast. So I didnt vote for him. For several reasons: 1 His apparent immaturity, 2 The community he governs, 3 and most of all the Chat bans and flamming warnings. So I was ok with him getting removed from the council when I found out what went on in the council.

Reaction score
    Clearly. Just go to their G+, people are swarming to protect "their shogun". From what? The Skubmaid loominaty? Himself? If this wasn't happening on the internet I'd be concerned that they were in a cult.
    To be fair the Shogun is a entity, not a player, actions by the shogun are a result of a couple of people deciding (the elected barons). The only thing to do is to pay your tax to the shogun as a member of his space or become a freelancer.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I am also a member of mushroom fleet. and i find all this blatant hate against mushroom-fleet disgusting. i have not seen actual proof to your accusations of mushroom fleet and tomino doing irresponsible things. the things you have been using as "proof" against mf and ts. are complete and utter lies as when you actually take a look at the things some members of the community are listing as "proof against mf and t-s" have nothing to support their claims.

and in every single forum post that is an attempt to be constructive. i find lots of unrelated hate against mf from various people who hate it.
    thought mf is not the entire star made community they are a large part of it.

i will not point out names. but there is a very vocal small group of people on smd forums (4-7 people) whose sole purpose seems to be slandering mf and giving us a bad reputation.

not everyone agrees with the five votes of who you like the most and it does not properly tell who people actually want to represent their feelings and beliefs about where the game should be going. some people may only want to choose one person as their vote

the council was designed to bring multiple people with different views of which direction the game should be going what i can gather from everything i've seen is multiple members of the council and starmade forums do not agree with what tomino suggested for the game nor like him for some obscure disagreement that happened a long time ago with him. my opinion of this is that the council should not have the authority to remove another council member. all they should be able to do is give what they believe as evidence for a council members removal to the public and begin a public vote for the people who play starmade to decide on.

also enough with using small out of context pieces of other peoples posts as it does not show their entire view.

and for the haters who dont care to know anything about mushroom fleet the "shogun" is not tomino. it is a metaphoric leader of the galaxy in the server that sets the laws for the universe and "leads the barons" the barons are elected players who rule large factions that will create more stuff for people to do on the server.

Status
    Not open for further replies.