Is the council a joke

do you agree

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    Thanks to all the bullshit that has happened with the council. One of the biggest communities who has helped with the balancing of the game now has no say in the development of the game. If you think that what I am saying is wrong just think of it this way Dalmont saber skylordluke and bench all played on the mushroomfleet server for over a year and some. Now due to some matters that I don't know all left. This has caused tension between the owner of mushroom fleet and these individuals. Therefore this is in my opinion the reason they kicked him off the council.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I really think that this should be stopped. Every third thread is some MF guy trying to "assure" us in the injustice that was done, and quite frankly I am sick of it. You are already raging on social networks, so please, leave the starmadedock to those who actually have something positive to contribute.

lilFishy away...

Reaction score
    I really think that this should be stopped. Every third thread is some MF guy trying to "assure" us in the injustice that was done, and quite frankly I am sick of it. You are already raging on social networks, so please, leave the starmadedock to those who actually have something positive to contribute.

lilFishy away...
    Maybe. But if you go and play on MF you will see it's not half as bad as everyone makes it out. In fact it's a nice playing environment, free of pay2win and other things ticking me off at other servers. And Tomino is a pretty nice guy (requires that you try and converse with him instead of starting with an insult).
    You know. I get the feel that all the MF haters jump on the bandwagon to make noise for the sake of it, and all the MF people go here and make noise to get heard and tell the community that all this is a load of [basically shit].
    It's like in a Shakespeare comedy, just modern and without rhyming :p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431947245,1431946870][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks to all the bullshit that has happened with the council. One of the biggest communities who has helped with the balancing of the game now has no say in the development of the game. If you think that what I am saying is wrong just think of it this way Dalmont saber skylordluke and bench all played on the mushroomfleet server for over a year and some. Now due to some matters that I don't know all left. This has caused tension between the owner of mushroom fleet and these individuals. Therefore this is in my opinion the reason they kicked him off the council.
    Hi prime,
    Might I suggest your reword the title of this thread to make it less offensive. Like: "I feel like with the recent happenings the council has become a joke" or something similar. Otherwise this will just attract haters that won't change their opinion anyways. What you want is to attract the interest of the sort of people that don't know what to believe and to then present facts to sway their opinion.
    Greets 4plains

PS: typos in the post make it feel rushed; maybe correct them ;D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The line where this was a comedy is crossed. Indeed, I myself have not played on the MF server, but for all I care Tomino could be holier than a Dalai lama. If he did not act so immature I might have had a neutral opinion regarding the topic, but with him raging like a 4 year old that had his lollipop stolen, I simply and using logical thinking can not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    STV means you guys still have your vote because you had 5 different preferences. You didn't loose representation.

The fact that your server owner would not even come here to conduct official business on the game's official forums (as said by himself on Jath's livestream) is very telling and more than enough evidence that he was ejected because he held up the council, and not because the other council members just didn't like him. If you guys actually care about the game development and not over a popularity contest, just drop all of this nonsense because twatter meltdowns and posting more and more threads about this isn't productive since Tomino even said (again on Jath's stream) that he'd never run again even if he could.

Reaction score
    The line where this was a comedy is crossed. Indeed, I myself have not played on the MF server, but for all I care Tomino could be holier than a Dalai lama. If he did not act so immature I might have had a neutral opinion regarding the topic, but with him raging like a 4 year old that had his lollipop stolen, I simply and using logical thinking can not.
    Somewhat true. This is more like a comedic tragedy.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    But if you go and play on MF you will see it's not half as bad as everyone makes it out. In fact it's a nice playing environment, free of pay2win and other things ticking me off at other servers. And Tomino is a pretty nice guy (requires that you try and converse with him instead of starting with an insult).
    As someone neither pro nor anti mushroomfleet, ive heard various reasons from various people hating MF, for example:
    1: Tomino.
    2: Its a personality cult around Tomino.
    3: The quality of Mushroomfleets Videos/Content is so low, that its putting off new players instead of encouraging them to try out the game.
    4: Its an arrogant loud mouthed community.
    5: MF is damaging Starmade with all their limited view input. (Didnt get more details on this, but i guess the person meant the RP and Building centered suggestions by MF members)
    6: The MF servers are crap/laggy/insertothertechnicalcomplain here.
    7: MF is splitting the already small community apart.

Keep in mind that those listed reasons are none of my views or opinions.

I also think many people forgett that MF is multiple things, a persona, a server(network) and a community.
    I personally tried out the MF server after a buddy adviced me to try it out, but it was very laggy for me, didnt impress me config wise, and while i was online the server chat was rather flamey, so i never came back again, but that didnt make me hate the Server, nor Tomino or the Community.

Reaction score
    STV means you guys still have your vote because you had 5 different preferences. You didn't loose representation.

The fact that your server owner would not even come here to conduct official business on the game's official forums (as said by himself on Jath's livestream) is very telling and more than enough evidence that he was ejected because he held up the council, and not because the other council members just didn't like him. If you guys actually care about the game development and not over a popularity contest, just drop all of this nonsense because twatter meltdowns and posting more and more threads about this isn't productive since Tomino even said (again on Jath's stream) that he'd never run again even if he could.
    Nice hair dude ;)

Tomino running or not is something I don't care about. What he did after him being thrown out wasn't cool either. But he suspects (for a good reason) that a good amount of members of the council did not want him in it because of past differences. But I don't think the'd have thrown him out knowingly that they had the power to do so.
    So here's what I think happened:
    I think the following happened behind the scenes (what Shine hasn't admitted, nor shown us proof agains):
    Some of the members wheren't happy the he was voted in. Shine asked them if they want him in (not presenting them a voting ballot). They noticed that the answeres were against Tomino's favour. So they removed him. Wouldn't you be mad aswell, if you were Tomino?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Some of the members wheren't happy the he was voted in. Shine asked them if they want him in (not presenting them a voting ballot). They noticed that the answeres were against Tomino's favour. So they removed him. Wouldn't you be mad aswell, if you were Tomino?
    Where in the world did you hear that little story?

Reactions: CaptainTaz and Zyrr
    Reaction score
    As someone neither pro nor anti mushroomfleet, ive heard various reasons from various people hating MF, for example:
    1: Tomino.
    2: Its a personality cult around Tomino.
    3: The quality of Mushroomfleets Videos/Content is so low, that its putting off new players instead of encouraging them to try out the game.
    4: Its an arrogant loud mouthed community.
    5: MF is damaging Starmade with all their limited view input. (Didnt get more details on this, but i guess the person meant the RP and Building centered suggestions by MF members)
    6: The MF servers are crap/laggy/insertothertechnicalcomplain here.
    7: MF is splitting the already small community apart.

Keep in mind that those listed reasons are none of my views or opinions.

I also think many people forgett that MF is multiple things, a persona, a server(network) and a community.
    I personally tried out the MF server after a buddy adviced me to try it out, but it was very laggy for me, didnt impress me config wise, and while i was online the server chat was rather flamey, so i never came back again, but that didnt make me hate the Server, nor Tomino or the Community.
    1: Discussable
    2: Don't know what you're getting at. Don't you support your server owner when he is the victim of a PR stunt?
    3: True
    4: Get on our TS and convince yourself ot the opposite. ts.mushroomfleet.co.uk:10003; the password is spacemushrooms
    5: Please elaborate, I'll bring this up in our TS and towards the admins
    6: Don't know what you're getting at either. I seldomly have over 100 ping
    7: Wouldn't you make a lot of noise to make others aware that you are the victim of a PR stunt?

Anything on the chat around the server rules, meta topics and admin business is a red topic for the admins. Because that is not wanted on MFS. It's run on the donations of the server members, so begging for admin powers/help is not what you should do. You'll become an admin if you can show that you are a capable player.
    PS: I might have been planet mining while you were on...

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Here we go again. Can we please stop now? Even those of us that enjoy antagonising certain people are getting bored of this.

Alot of people dont like the way tomino has behaved in the past. It would be no surprise to a large number of people if tomino did behave the way described, especially with how he has been behaving after the removal.

Was the council prepare for such an eventuality? No.
    Could it have been handled better by all parties? Probably, yes.

However, no system was in place to deal with a trouble member, and the council and schine acted appropriately. There is no way you can create the system for removing a council member from position with that member. They would have worked out what was happening, and gone nuts.

I see people posting that tomino was kicked out because they didn't want him in the council. Schine authorised this move. Without them, the council would have no choice but to sit and cope with him. If schine really did not want tomino in the council, they would have removed his application from the ballot before votes even opened, part of the terms and conditions are that they had that power.

No amount of threads or complaining is going to change what happened. Unfortunatly, the way tomino, and the collective MF community behaved was inappropriate, and because of it, I doubt tomino will be allowed to run for council ever again.

The simple matter of the fact is that the council and schine has released more evidence that shows tomino in a bad light, while tomino only ever posts an out of context screenshot of an email he sent to duke, while claiming to have more that he refuses to post.

You may no longer feel represented by the council, but you selected 5 people for a reason, and your vote simply got given to other people. Also, alot of people had votes cast aside simply because they voted for people that didn't get in. They're not posting because they feel misrepresented, are they?

I suggest this thread be locked, before it can be turned into another flame war. everyone's opinions on this matter are already apparent, nothing is going to change. There is no need to do this again.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If 5 (6) other people that were all chosen by the rest of the community have a problem with one guy that leaves 2 options:

1) He is a saint, and everything he has said is true. The rest of councilors are all "devils" (no hate intended) and the remaining percentage that chose them (idk the numbers, 85? ) are all baboons.

2) He is wrong, the people of MF voted for him because he is their only representative, and he did most of the things he is being accused of.

Logic, and common sense imply the second option.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    1. Prepare tea
    2. Go to twitter
    3. Search for @Mushroomfleet
    4. Read and drink tea
    5. Realize your thread is pointless

If Tomino is even capable of acting like he did on twitter some days ago, then the council could have kicked him off on purely personal reasons and it would still have been justified by that reaction alone.

He ran a goddamn slander campaign against Schine GmbH. This is highschool maturity level at best. I am actually amazed that someone at the age of 32 can still behave like 12.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Keptick

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    2: Don't know what you're getting at. Don't you support your server owner when he is the victim of a PR stunt?
    7: Wouldn't you make a lot of noise to make others aware that you are the victim of a PR stunt?
    I do not believe these were referring to post- or during the current event, this is an assessment and collection of opinions based on when times were relatively calm.

I do not believe these were referring to Post or during the current event
    Reading between the line on the post thread I made. Especially Comr4de's post on the timeline was very insightful.
    That is a Conversation mate, I can not see it at all. I mean, from my knowledge it was Vanh that presented Schine with the idea in the first place.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I think the following happened behind the scenes (what Shine hasn't admitted, nor shown us proof agains):
    Mad, yes; mad enough to break, I don't think so, but the threshhold varies from person to person.
    But (at least from what I could gather[and what I did]) it didn't happen because of a disposition 'from the get-go', but the disposition was caused by events during the term. I would like to post the chatlogs as proof, but sadly they fall under NDA, so I need permission from Schine first.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Here we go again. Can we please stop now? Even those of us that enjoy antagonising certain people are getting bored of this.
    This. I guess I'm guilty for taking the bait and responding to the thread in the first place myself, but the whole shitstorm really has gone on long enough.

Reaction score
    The simple matter of the fact is that the council and schine has released more evidence that shows tomino in a bad light, while tomino only ever posts an out of context screenshot of an email he sent to duke, while claiming to have more that he refuses to post.
    Link maybe? And if it's X said this, Y reacted that way, I'm not taking that as facts. Screenshots, recordings, that are facts. Because anyone can claim anything.
    I could say I'm a 60 year old dude :P (I'm 20, you can check on my youtube channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCugZKfT8kjf3i9cAlf6SKYA)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431948711,1431948664][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Mad, yes; mad enough to break, I don't think so, but the threshhold varies from person to person.
    But (at least from what I could gather[and what I did]) it didn't happen because of a disposition 'from the get-go', but the disposition was caused by events during the term. I would like to post the chatlogs as proof, but sadly they fall under NDA, so I need permission from Schine first.
    Please try and get a NDA lift, I'm curious to see what's in them.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Link maybe? And if it's X said this, Y reacted that way, I'm not taking that as facts. Screenshots, recordings, that are facts. Because anyone can claim anything.
    Chat logs were released during the Jath stream. The ones that supposedly crashed his stream because comrade is 1337 hax0r
    I do not currently have the link, but they have been released during a large public discussion.

Reaction score
    If 5 (6) other people that were all chosen by the rest of the community have a problem with one guy that leaves 2 options:

1) He is a saint, and everything he has said is true. The rest of councilors are all "devils" (no hate intended) and the remaining percentage that chose them (idk the numbers, 85? ) are all baboons.

2) He is wrong, the people of MF voted for him because he is their only representative, and he did most of the things he is being accused of.

Logic, and common sense imply the second option.
    3) A bit of option 1) and 2). He's not a saint, but he's not a liar either. And I voted for Enterprise-E
    (PS: We had a admin election on MFS 2 weeks ago. It had 850 votes recieved (instead of 450 on the council), just saying)

Status
    Not open for further replies.