• Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The ones that supposedly crashed his stream because comrade is 1337 hax0r
    Oh, that's what they were talking about in the first couple minutes of the stream? Ha, that's actually a fairly amusing yet frustrating misunderstanding.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    1: Discussable
    2: Don't know what you're getting at. Don't you support your server owner when he is the victim of a PR stunt?
    3: True
    4: Get on our TS and convince yourself ot the opposite. ts.mushroomfleet.co.uk:10003; the password is spacemushrooms
    5: Please elaborate, I'll bring this up in our TS and towards the admins
    6: Don't know what you're getting at either. I seldomly have over 100 ping
    7: Wouldn't you make a lot of noise to make others aware that you are the victim of a PR stunt?

Anything on the chat around the server rules, meta topics and admin business is a red topic for the admins. Because that is not wanted on MFS. It's run on the donations of the server members, so begging for admin powers/help is not what you should do. You'll become an admin if you can show that you are a capable player.
    I dont know why your asking me for answering on those reasons, or ask me to convince myself of something. I have said that those are NOT my opinions or views, but what ive got as responce when i asked people why there is so much hate towards MF, even before this whole council thing.
    Also dont know what youre getting at with the admin stuff, i havnt brought up that topic, and it should be common sense to not just give random people admin powers.

Reaction score
    I dont know why your asking me for answered on those reasons, or ask me to convince myself of something. I have said that those are NOT my opinions or views, but what ive got as responce when i asked people why there is so much hate towards MF, even before this whole council thing.
    Also dont know what youre getting at with the admin stuff, i havnt brought up that topic, and it should be common sense to not just give random people admin powers.
    We have people coming on MFS expecting to get everything spoon fed. (mainly because they think as we have these reviews we can keep the ships.)
    And I'm not trying to convince you of anything actively, maybe that would be a nice byproduct of this thread (which I haven't made...). I've just seen people on the server being the largest duchebags in chat. But they usually get banned within 1 hr. When were you on MFS, just curious. I'd like to follow that end and try digging some info up. You made me curious.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    And I'm not trying to convince you of anything actively, maybe that would be a nice byproduct of this thread (which I haven't made...). I've just seen people on the server being the largest duchebags in chat. But they usually get banned within 1 hr. When were you on MFS, just curious. I'd like to follow that end and try digging some info up. You made me curious.
    Like i said, im neither pro nor anti Mushroomfleet, i just know that the server itself is nothing for me.

Must have been 31.3.2015 or 1.4.2015 when i was online on MFS.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If you think that what I am saying is wrong just think of it this way Dalmont saber skylordluke and bench all played on the mushroomfleet server for over a year and some.
    May I ask, what do you think is the reason for all of them leaving? Because there are reasons, and if you asked some of these people (privately), maybe they could enlighten you as to what these were. You might just be surprised.

PS: Your thread title is bad and you should feel bad.

Reactions: lilFishy
    Reaction score
    Like i said, im neither pro nor anti Mushroomfleet, i just know that the server itself is nothing for me.

Must have been 31.3.2015 or 1.4.2015 when i was online on MFS.
    I see. Thanks for the explanation.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431950930,1431950148][/DOUBLEPOST]
    May I ask, what do you think is the reason for all of them leaving? Because there are reasons, and if you asked some of these people (privately), maybe they could enlighten you as to what these were. You might just be surprised.

From what I gather the following happened:

Fall of 2014 admin rules were established, as the MFS community kept growing A LOT. Saber, Raiben, Dalmont, Skylord Luke and all the admins were informed of it.
    Tom let stuff develop and see how it turned out. The Rise of Etrani event happened. That basically was Raiben using his admin priviledges and spawning massive 800m ships near all the bases of large factions and people. Server crashed. And also a LOT of people lost all their stuff and were really ticked off. (Reason for this event: Raiben was bored)
    Around new year the Imperium (a MFS faction at that time) was searching for stuff to do. They apparently found amusement in crushing small factions. They were using admin powers to spawn and maintain their fleets so they were basically unbeatable.
    This lead to the fact that Tomino simply removed the admin priviledges from these Individuals as well as doing a server reset and also restructuring the server administration.
    I guess they got ticked off at having to face the consequences of their actions as they were the "admins and law of the server".
    Raiben made his own server, Saber went and is no doing GTA stuff, Dalmont and Luke are running Star-Drive network.

As for Benchmine: After being hired by Schine for making their new trailer and helping with the graphics and stuff he had to leave MFS to be able to work on the trailer unhindered. I don't think that there is conflict between Tomino and Benchmine (have no info on that though).

Hope you found this insightful; Greets
    4plains
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431951074][/DOUBLEPOST]

I forgot to add something: Prime, Dalmont, Saber and Skylord Luke were the buddy squad of MFS. So he knows what happened a lot more detailed then me.

Last edited:

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    As for Benchmine: After being hired by Schine for making their new trailer and helping with the graphics and stuff he had to leave. I don't think that there is conflict between Tomino and Benchmine (have no info on that one).
    Wait, you are saying Bench should be removed because he was only good for making trailers?

Reaction score
    Wait, you are saying Bench should be removed because he was only good for making trailers?
    You should read my post. I was explaining where these people went after leaving MFS and why. I'm not demanding anything either.
    I don't think what happened was good and could have been done A LOT better from either side. Even though I play on MFS the only interest I have on these kinds of threads is to provide information that I already have and gather other information in return (that I still lack) in order to gain a more complete picture of what happened exactly and how to avoid such desasters in the future.
    I'll be making a suggestion thread therefore at a later date after I'm finished digging up stuff.
    You are welcome to assist me with that.

PS: I edited my previous post in order to prohibit a misunderstanding there from now on (paragraph on Benchmine). Thanks for pointing that out.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You should read my post. I was explaining where these people went after leaving MFS and why. I'm not demanding anything either.
    I don't think what happened was good and could have been done A LOT better from either side. Even though I play on MFS the only interest I have on these kinds of threads is to provide information that I already have and gather other information in return (that I still lack) in order to gain a more complete picture of what happened exactly and how to avoid such in the future.
    I'll be making a suggestion thread therefore at a later date after I'm finished digging up stuff.
    You are welcome to assist me with that.
    That's all well and good, but I would very much like to know why Bench is involved in all of this. Bench isn't even part of the council, and if we had the power to eject people from Schine itself, we would be down a few members already I would think.

And mostly; Why Bench? The OP mentioned it and you yourself seem to in a way condone that, does Mushroom Fleet have something against Bench?

Reaction score
    That's all well and good, but I would very much like to know why Bench is involved in all of this. Bench isn't even part of the council, and if we had the power to eject people from Schine itself, we would be down a few members already I would think.

And mostly; Why Bench? The OP mentioned it and you yourself seem to in a way condone that, does Mushroom Fleet have something against Bench?
    He's not. MFS doesn't hold any animosity againt him (that I even have to ensure that is sad). Someone else brought him up in the people that left MFS. I thought I should explain how and why they left.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    He's not. Someone else brought him up in the people that left MFS. I thought I should explain how everyone who left came to leave of the mentioned people.
    The OP seems to be implying that Bench be kicked though.
    [Confusion intensifies]

Reaction score
    The OP seems to be implying that Bench be kicked though.
    [Confusion intensifies]
    Got no knowlegde of that either. I haven't heard that he was kicked. From my knowledge he simply left. I shall go and investigate.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    4plains, why tom start mentioning Duke in your video?
    i thought comr4de said criss is the one inform and ask them(the council) to do the vote out thing

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I wasn't intending to address this issue, but it has come up so many times that it can't be avoided.

This lead to the fact that Tomino simply removed the admin priviledges from these Individuals as well as doing a server reset and also restructuring the server administration.
    This is the root of the problem.

This was done without consulting the administrative team. A team that had been committed to running a thriving community for the better part of two years. It happened swiftly, with no discussion, and overnight. It also happened to ALL the admins except Tomino, not just some.

That level of trust was built up over a long time and to suddenly lose 90% of all administrative privileges (including Teamspeak, G+, and for myself, server FTP access) felt like a breach of that trust. Eventually, after talking with Tomino, my regular administrative privileges were restored and talks were in-progress about restoring most of them for other admins. However, by that time, the damage had already been done.

I can't speak for everyone, but the majority of admins at the time, were even more taken aback than I was. No one denied that Tomino was the owner of the MushroomFleet server, and no one wanted to split a community. So instead of trying to supersede his authority, and create a fractured community, those of us who were not alright with the administrative changes left quietly on good terms.

This puts us to where we are now.

There were no youtube popularity contests, hidden agendas, buddy squads, or secret meetings.
    Just a breach of confidence.

Lots of my friends still play on MushroomFleet actually, and unfortunately this campaign of misinformation seems to have created some bad blood. Which, after two years of playing together, I find extremely disheartening.

I personally bear no ill will to Tomino, or the rest of the MushroomFleet, and wish them all the best; but the hostility needs to stop.

Reaction score
    4plains, why tom start mentioning Duke in your video?
    i thought comr4de said criss is the one inform and ask them(the council) to do the vote out thing
    Good question. Don't really know.
    Duke and Tom have a history. Tom was one of the first people to make Star-Made known. And amongst the first people to play it. He's been helping in balancing it from the Get Go. I guess it's a personal feud.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431955201,1431954818][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi Dalmont,
    Thanks for clearing a bunch of things up.
    That will be added to the final thread I'll be making to draw out a time line of this desaster.
    4plains

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6

Why Bench indeed, I have no disagreements with Tomino or any of the MF guys that I'm aware of and to be honest I'm surprised to hear it insinuated. To be fair Duke and I both have similar interactions with the council while Criss primarily works with them. I work with Duke writing all the policies etc especially when it comes to the council so while not specifically a part of the council I have been there in the chats and forums since day 1.

If you think that what I am saying is wrong just think of it this way Dalmont saber skylordluke and bench all played on the mushroomfleet server for over a year and some. Now due to some matters that I don't know all left. This has caused tension between the owner of mushroom fleet and these individuals. Therefore this is in my opinion the reason they kicked him off the council.
    As for Benchmine: After being hired by Schine for making their new trailer and helping with the graphics and stuff he had to leave MFS to be able to work on the trailer unhindered. I don't think that there is conflict between Tomino and Benchmine (have no info on that though).
    Sorry 4plains that's not really what happened.

I played on the MF server for maybe a month or so back in July 2014 (I made the trailer end of November that year), back when I was first starting the Smugglers Cove station for my YouTube series. I knew Tomino from his vids. He seemed friendly and would pop by to check out how the progress on the station was going, as would some of the other MF guys. After a series of updates for the game were released I was finding it was like every two weeks a universe reset would end up happening on the server and I'd have to grab an admin to download the sector with the station so I could pick up from where I had left off with the series. Because of the size of the station it started taking longer and longer to get it after a reset so eventually I decided to just continue building it in single player as it was more practical in the long run.

That's why I stopped playing on MF. No issue with anyone there, it was purely a practical issue with what I was wanting to primarily do.

Also I joined Schine in August 2014, quite a bit before I did the trailer.

Last edited:

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As someone who has only ever seen/heard of Mushroom Fleet from a handful of Youtube videos, this is what I currently think of this whole thing:

I want nothing to do with MF, I don't want anything to do with it's members, I do not want to watch any of their videos from this point forwards. I know a clique when I see one, and the reprehensible behavior of MF that I've seen on these boards since this whole council thing went down has painted them in the light of being spoiled children.

Absolutely any fan group that decides that they are the heart of the entire gaming community is already overstepping their bounds, but one that throws public temper tantrums like this when they don't get their way are even worse.

Mushroom Fleet, you are not StarMade. You do not represent the StarMade playerbase. You are not the reason the game is popular. Everything I have seen from you and everyone associated with you has been of the most negative qualities of any fandom. You do not act like adults, you all appear to have grossly inflated egos and senses of self importance, and as evidenced by this thread and countless others when you don't get your way you simply scream and cry and throw a fit until you get your way.

As a third party observer that has no vested interest in either side of the debate, let me just say this again. You only represent the worst part of the community, and as a StarMade player, I want nothing to do with you.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Well, I'm misinformed here as well I suppose. Sorry
    All good, just ask next time, it's easier. I'm old hat, been around a long time (a lot longer than most people realise) so you'd be surprised what I might know.

Reaction score
    Mushroom Fleet, you are not StarMade. You do not represent the StarMade playerbase. You are not the reason the game is popular. Everything I have seen from you and everyone associated with you has been of the most negative qualities of any fandom. You do not act like adults, you all appear to have grossly inflated egos and senses of self importance, and as evidenced by this thread and countless others when you don't get your way you simply scream and cry and throw a fit until you get your way.
    Since aside from prime (creator of this post) only I am a commenter in this thread that is a Mushroomfleet Member. I want to know: What exactly did you mean by stating this:

Everything I have seen from you and everyone associated with you has been of the most negative qualities of any fandom. You do not act like adults, you all appear to have grossly inflated egos and senses of self importance, and as evidenced by this thread and countless others when you don't get your way you simply scream and cry and throw a fit until you get your way.
    Throwing general insults around doesn't help us (Mushroomfleet) to change our picture towards the rest of the community. And also it's probalbly almost futile to try by now. Since this post of yours is pretty good proof that no matter how much I try and be friendly and humble, it's not enough for everybody.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431960692,1431960557][/DOUBLEPOST]
    All good, just ask next time, it's easier. I'm old hat, been around a long time (a lot longer than most people realise) so you'd be surprised what I might know.
    I'll do that in the future. I've played Starmade since January 2014. So I'm a "seasoned vet" as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.