• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    i have not seen actual proof to your accusations of mushroom fleet and tomino doing irresponsible things. the things you have been using as "proof" against mf and ts. are complete and utter lies as when you actually take a look at the things some members of the community are listing as "proof against mf and t-s" have nothing to support their claims.
    That's just like, your opinion, man. I could post screenshots all day but having dealt with people holding this same mentality on a regular basis I know that I would make zero headway with you. Is there anything I could post that could change your opinion? Multiple times in this thread people have clarified that they don't have a problem with the MF community, but Tom. For what purpose do you seek to be offended/oppressed?

not everyone agrees with the five votes of who you like the most and it does not properly tell who people actually want to represent their feelings and beliefs about where the game should be going. some people may only want to choose one person as their vote
    And what happens if they aren't elected? Would you not be in the same position you already claim to be in?

and for the haters who dont care to know anything about mushroom fleet the "shogun" is not tomino. it is a metaphoric leader of the galaxy in the server that sets the laws for the universe and "leads the barons" the barons are elected players who rule large factions that will create more stuff for people to do on the server.
    I'm sorry that I didn't understand the particulars of a server I don't play on. However, looking at tomino's twitter and what is said on the MF google plus it could reasonably be inferred that tomino is the shogun.

Reactions: Keptick

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    There isn't really much left to say.

The game and your community will not be adversely affected by not having a particular person in this Council. As you can see, other Councillors have no ill-will towards Mushroom Fleet and will most likely take some of your opinions and ideas into account when doing their jobs.

You've made it very clear that your general community does not like the SMdock forum community, and vice versa. There is more than enough room in this world for both parties. You can co-exist and remain separate.

There are no viable reasons left to argue about. Please stop talking about it.

Thanks.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    +y o+
    And what happens if they aren't elected? Would you not be in the same position you already claim to be in?
    if he wasant elected then it would actually show where peoples views are i am currentley of the belifre that while a one vote per person system is not perfect it is much less confusing than a multi vote system and it would stop people randomly voting for people they dont even know when they only wanted to vote for one person. but as i said if he didant get voted i would not have a problem as it would of shown where peoples views sere in who they though should of been in council.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431990229,1431989940][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There isn't really much left to say.

The game and your community will not be adversely affected by not having a particular person in this Council. As you can see, other Councillors have no ill-will towards Mushroom Fleet and will most likely take some of your opinions and ideas into account when doing their jobs.

You've made it very clear that your general community does not like the SMdock forum community, and vice versa. There is more than enough room in this world for both parties. You can co-exist and remain separate.

There are no viable reasons left to argue about. Please stop talking about it.

Thanks.
    we generally dont like a few specific members of the smdock community who voice nothing but hate against us without knowing anything.

and i also agree that this should end and not be talked about anymore. i am still of the belief though that the removal of tomino was not in an entirely professional way.

and while this is probably in the wrong place. why does no one want to support foregn versons of the website and translations for the wiki. because this game has quite a large forgen following and i also feel that they should be given some kind of representation. not just french translations for the wiki but more.
    i just want people to get their information straight before hating. and not begin large hate trains as has been exampled in the fourms today.

like seriousley what is with the slightley unrelated hate trains aganst mf in the fourms

oh uh i've also seen duke removing perfectley good fourm post from people that support mf although they kind of just make the hate train last longer but if people are allowed to voice endless hate at mf then why cant we defend ourselves.

but this hate train crap needs to end now

Thanks for reading my repetetive walls of text :)

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    siserith If the MF community is such a "big part of the starmade community", then please tell me why it's ranked 36 on the server list? I've seen some MF guys throw around "total" numbers around a lot, such as "oh there's 5k members on the G+ page". I'm whitelisted on that G+ page, and I don't consider myself to be a member of MF. You have to take inactivity into account. Anyways, back to the server stats, they have been steadily dropping for the past month (or more), with average player count being pretty low when compared to bigger servers.

Bottom line is this; MF is not what it used to be back in it's prime. While it might be a big gaming community, it's not a big STARMADE community, the server stats don't lie. So please, FOR THE LOVE OF SCHEMA, stop calling yourselves a big part of the community, because you're not.

I'd like to say that I have nothing against MF members, if you make suggestions we won't discriminate just because you're a member of MF. However, this superior and snobbish behavior just has to go, it's the main cause of MF dislike in the first place. No one is voicing hate at MF. People are just laughing at the schine defamation campain that took place during the last week, which has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with MF (despite it being done on MF communication channels).

Ps: When people say MF they mean Tomino and the more prominent members, not "normal" members like you (I don't mean for that to be condescending btw). There hasn't been any insults directed at the mushroomfleet players as far as I'm concerned. If so, prove it.

Edit: Yes, we want wiki translations. Dunno where you got that no one wanted them (I personally see no reason not to want them). From what I've seen it was Tomino rejecting the other councillor's ideas, not the other way around (just because it's not done ASAP doesn't mean it's rejected).

This topic should be dropped, it's time consuming, useless, creates friction, splits the community and is ultimately nothing more than a flamefest on a member getting removed from a suggestion gathering VIDEO GAME comitte.

Get the fuck over it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If the MF community is such a "big part of the starmade community", then please tell me why it's ranked 36 on the server list? I've seen some MF guys throw around "total" numbers around a lot, such as "oh there's 5k members on the G+ page". I'm whitelisted on that G+ page, and I don't consider myself to be a member of MF. You have to take inactivity into account. Anyways, back to the server stats, they have been steadily dropping for the past month (or more), with average player count being pretty low when compared to bigger servers.
    but what exactley are servers ranked on because population seems to have nothing to do with the ranking

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    but what exactley are servers ranked on because population seems to have nothing to do with the ranking
    Pretty sure that it takes everything into account. I have no idea of fhe specifics but I know that server up-time, average players and maybe other stats are included in their algorithm. Admittedly, the "rank" is also based on votes, and servers like elwyn and red shift (no idea about others) encourage their players to vote with voting rewards. No idea what weight that holds in the ranking process, though.

HOWEVER, Even if you just look at online player counts, MF isn't even close to the top (#6 when I posted this). That's more what I was getting at, even while looking at their max players per day, which isn't representative of average, MF doesn't make the cut as "large part of the starmade community".

Now don't get me wrong, your opinion and won't get disregarded because you're a member of a smaller community, far from it. If you have some suggestion pertaining to the game feel free to drop it in the suggestion forums! It's not like we have a way of knowing who's in MF anyways :P

All stats I'm using for this argument come from here
    https://starmade-servers.com/server/540/stats/

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I must admit, the ranking system there sucks. Votes play a huge role in how they are ranked, with things like favorites, uptime and player count playing a part, but votes are the most important things.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, anyone else find it amusing that MF cries about not having a voice, but actively refuse to speak in the only place the devs actually listen?

Well of course if all you do is yell into an empty room, nobody is going to listen to you, because you're yelling into an empty room.

MythrilJelly

Crazy Cat Lady
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Ick, I don't like it when everyone gets mad at eachother and won't let it go.

I just want everyone to play nice... I always wonder why that's so hard in pretty much every gaming community.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The best way to get peace is letting the bear sleep when things quiet done.
    Shhhhh~

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Thanks to all the bullshit that has happened with the council. One of the biggest communities who has helped with the balancing of the game now has no say in the development of the game. If you think that what I am saying is wrong just think of it this way Dalmont saber skylordluke and bench all played on the mushroomfleet server for over a year and some. Now due to some matters that I don't know all left. This has caused tension between the owner of mushroom fleet and these individuals. Therefore this is in my opinion the reason they kicked him off the council.
    Please remember this is only to find out what people think that's all what has happened has happened its only for people to have there say that's all
    I am also a member of mushroom fleet. and i find all this blatant hate against mushroom-fleet disgusting. i have not seen actual proof to your accusations of mushroom fleet and tomino doing irresponsible things. the things you have been using as "proof" against mf and ts. are complete and utter lies as when you actually take a look at the things some members of the community are listing as "proof against mf and t-s" have nothing to support their claims.

and in every single forum post that is an attempt to be constructive. i find lots of unrelated hate against mf from various people who hate it.
    thought mf is not the entire star made community they are a large part of it.

i will not point out names. but there is a very vocal small group of people on smd forums (4-7 people) whose sole purpose seems to be slandering mf and giving us a bad reputation.

not everyone agrees with the five votes of who you like the most and it does not properly tell who people actually want to represent their feelings and beliefs about where the game should be going. some people may only want to choose one person as their vote

the council was designed to bring multiple people with different views of which direction the game should be going what i can gather from everything i've seen is multiple members of the council and starmade forums do not agree with what tomino suggested for the game nor like him for some obscure disagreement that happened a long time ago with him. my opinion of this is that the council should not have the authority to remove another council member. all they should be able to do is give what they believe as evidence for a council members removal to the public and begin a public vote for the people who play starmade to decide on.

also enough with using small out of context pieces of other peoples posts as it does not show their entire view.

and for the haters who dont care to know anything about mushroom fleet the "shogun" is not tomino. it is a metaphoric leader of the galaxy in the server that sets the laws for the universe and "leads the barons" the barons are elected players who rule large factions that will create more stuff for people to do on the server.
    +y o+ if he wasant elected then it would actually show where peoples views are i am currentley of the belifre that while a one vote per person system is not perfect it is much less confusing than a multi vote system and it would stop people randomly voting for people they dont even know when they only wanted to vote for one person. but as i said if he didant get voted i would not have a problem as it would of shown where peoples views sere in who they though should of been in council.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431990229,1431989940][/DOUBLEPOST]

we generally dont like a few specific members of the smdock community who voice nothing but hate against us without knowing anything.

and i also agree that this should end and not be talked about anymore. i am still of the belief though that the removal of tomino was not in an entirely professional way.

and while this is probably in the wrong place. why does no one want to support foregn versons of the website and translations for the wiki. because this game has quite a large forgen following and i also feel that they should be given some kind of representation. not just french translations for the wiki but more.
    i just want people to get their information straight before hating. and not begin large hate trains as has been exampled in the fourms today.

like seriousley what is with the slightley unrelated hate trains aganst mf in the fourms

oh uh i've also seen duke removing perfectley good fourm post from people that support mf although they kind of just make the hate train last longer but if people are allowed to voice endless hate at mf then why cant we defend ourselves.

but this hate train crap needs to end now

Thanks for reading my repetetive walls of text :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.