• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    sadly they need like 2y to add a new block...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It's a good plan, getting the displays now to fit the characters necessary and positioning the block so its hidden just to achieve this effect can be a pain, a plain invisible/non-interactable block would be nice.

We might be able to get the invisible effect modding in a new block with the display module code on the invisible rail block idea. But you'd be able to interact with it and enter text in astronaut mode i bet. And I wouldn't want to include a modded block on any ship I want to use on a server or Share with the community, I feel that's just bad form.

So this is something I would really like to see implemented

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    or could just put a "transparency" tab on the existing display module instead of adding a new block

Reactions: Salt09
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    or add a single "storage" space in the display module that you can place a "ghost block" of another block and the display module uses that blocks texture leave blank for regular texture and have a toggle button for transparency

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I have found myself wishing for slab displays, recently...

Would be nice to have a "slab" variant of displays with zero width too, besides 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 variants.

Essentially making them "electronic stickers".

Also, perhaps we could have a variant of slab-able displays which would have the base texture of white crystal armor blocks, so that zero-width slab displays would be like transparent stickers.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Brokengauge
    Reaction score
    I like display stickers. While i really like the retro look of the display block screens, it would be nice to have a lot more flexibility

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Zero-thickness/invisible displays could be overlaid on top of any other block of my choosing, including the in-game computer screens, so I would not really need a slab version. That would not help in cases where one wants to put a display as a slab, such as over the top of a control panel, but I'd be content with an active computer screen set on the wall behind the console.

Keep in mind that in a voxel game, only one block per "space cube" (tm), but that wouldn't stop Schine from, say, turning the display into some sort of decal object, allowing the display to be plastered on any surface, whether it be one of the angled blocks, a slab of tekt, or anything else. Then that voxel could have special exception handling where, no matter the underlying block, it suddenly acts like the good ole' display block.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic