1. 15th of October, 2019: SMD is currently under maintenance, the site may go down while we are working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    2. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software.

invisible display module

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by davedumas0, Jun 5, 2019.

?

yay or nay

Poll closed Jul 5, 2019.
    1. yay

100.0%
    2. nay

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. davedumas0

i suggest that we add a NEW display module that works just like the normal one except it is invisible and can only be placed/interacted with in build mode that would "kinda" be like a holographic display

• Like Like x 7
    2. klawxx

klawxx Product Manager - Roden Shipyards

sadly they need like 2y to add a new block...

3. EricBlank

It's a good plan, getting the displays now to fit the characters necessary and positioning the block so its hidden just to achieve this effect can be a pain, a plain invisible/non-interactable block would be nice.

We might be able to get the invisible effect modding in a new block with the display module code on the invisible rail block idea. But you'd be able to interact with it and enter text in astronaut mode i bet. And I wouldn't want to include a modded block on any ship I want to use on a server or Share with the community, I feel that's just bad form.

So this is something I would really like to see implemented

• Like Like x 3
    4. davedumas0

mm i bet you could get a 3D HUD going by stacking them

5. davedumas0

or could just put a "transparency" tab on the existing display module instead of adding a new block

• Like Like x 1
    6. davedumas0

or add a single "storage" space in the display module that you can place a "ghost block" of another block and the display module uses that blocks texture leave blank for regular texture and have a toggle button for transparency

#6 davedumas0, Jun 22, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 23, 2019