1. Hi, we have migrated servers and have done some backend reconfiguration. If you experience any issues, please report it in the "SMD Discussion" forum.
      Dismiss Notice

invisible display module

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by davedumas0, Jun 5, 2019.

?

yay or nay

This poll will close on Jul 5, 2019 at 2:43 PM.
    1. yay

100.0%
    2. nay

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. davedumas0

i suggest that we add a NEW display module that works just like the normal one except it is invisible and can only be placed/interacted with in build mode that would "kinda" be like a holographic display

• Like Like x 7
    2. klawxx

klawxx Product Manager - Roden Shipyards

sadly they need like 2y to add a new block...

3. EricBlank

It's a good plan, getting the displays now to fit the characters necessary and positioning the block so its hidden just to achieve this effect can be a pain, a plain invisible/non-interactable block would be nice.

We might be able to get the invisible effect modding in a new block with the display module code on the invisible rail block idea. But you'd be able to interact with it and enter text in astronaut mode i bet. And I wouldn't want to include a modded block on any ship I want to use on a server or Share with the community, I feel that's just bad form.

So this is something I would really like to see implemented

• Like Like x 3
    4. davedumas0

mm i bet you could get a 3D HUD going by stacking them

5. davedumas0

or could just put a "transparency" tab on the existing display module instead of adding a new block