Individual Symmetry re-request

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I know this has been asked before.

I am continuously running into symmetry issues. I wish to allow Even symmetry on the XZ plane and Odd symmetry on the YZ plane at the same time.

As the size of the ships that i'm running into this issue with are increasing, I am having more problems with copy and pasting to make the ships fully symmetrical. With the increasing size of ships, my 545 copy limits are making it possible to continue without this, but it would be preferable to not have to copy and paste as much when a check box could fix this..

I'm on my 4th ship this month that is yz/odd for usability but xz/even for aesthetics.

These 2 threads that are older also ask the same thing.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/suggestion-allow-split-individual-plane-symmetry-modes.19862/
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/symmetry-options-more.16806/

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe instead of a checkbox for even/odd, and maybe instead of "Set/Unset" on each individual plane, the plane text in advanced mode could read "Even/Odd/Unset", with the even/odd plane determined at the time of setting, with the plane moving in increments of half-blocks, alternating between even/odd symmetry. It would be a little harder to track what part of the focus block is being pointed at, than just determining the block itself, but I think it would be worth it. Clicking on the middle 50% of the block would provide odd (middle-of-the-block) symmetry, while the outer 25% on either side would provide even (edge-of-the-block) symmetry.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe instead of a checkbox for even/odd, and maybe instead of "Set/Unset" on each individual plane, the plane text in advanced mode could read "Even/Odd/Unset", with the even/odd plane determined at the time of setting, with the plane moving in increments of half-blocks, alternating between even/odd symmetry. It would be a little harder to track what part of the focus block is being pointed at, than just determining the block itself, but I think it would be worth it. Clicking on the middle 50% of the block would provide odd (middle-of-the-block) symmetry, while the outer 25% on either side would provide even (edge-of-the-block) symmetry.
    I'd just put a single toggle button next to each set/unset button.