Symmetry options, more

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Need option to toggle odd/even-sym separately for each symmetry plane.

For example if I am building a ship that is even blocks high but odd blocks wide, and I want to set the YZ-plane to odd, but the XZ-plane to even.

As things currently stand, I cannot, so I must build more of the ship manually.

Reaction score
    what i would like to see is multiple symmetry planes.

like secondary y-z planes for symmetrical \"thruster-builds\" if this makes any sense:)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But this would improve things, and so far as I can figure, would be an extremely minor change.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree with both the first idea of plane-specific odd build and the second idea of secondary planes, which would still fit the plane-specific part.

Let\'s get it done xD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not sure I understand your statement.

You can make something which is centrally symmetrical by placing all 3 symmetry planes on the same block, in odd-sym mode. Did that with my current home base station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Multiple planes, but you would have to have a way to limit their range - other wise you would build something around one symmetry plane, and it would be copied twice or more by paralell symmetry planes.

Perhaps you could have \"subsystem designation boxes\", which would allow you to designate an area as a subsystem.

Doing so would prevent symmetry planes from effecting through the barrier, allowing the use of various planes inside and outside the subsystem area, without causing havok.

Edit: But setting that up would be tedious, if you had to do it each time you started the game to build a bit more.

We need a way to save the advanced build mode settings with the blueprint/ship.

So if we switch ships for some reason, we don\'t have to set everything up again.