Increase maximum build area for Stations?

Reaction score
    Hello all, I am new to Starmade and ran across a concern.

I know it is possible to increase the maximum amount of blocks placeable by the player in advanced build mode. In my "server.cfg" file I have increase the "player_max_build_area" to a value of 150. My problem is that, while attempting to build a space station (using a build block) that is 1000 blocks wide, I am unable to place more blocks beyond about 300 blocks from the center "core" of the station. I can use my advanced build mode to place two consecutive sections of blocks (150 blocks each) in a single line from the center. It will place them without problem, but I cannot continue to extend this line from the center after that point. In fact I am unable to lay any blocks near the furthest point of the line. I moved toward the center from the furthest point by about 20 blocks and there it allowed me to place more blocks, as if there was a barrier preventing building beyond that point.

Is it possible to extend the maximum build area of the space station, or perhaps more specifically the Build Block? I'm not sure what setting in the configuration files would affect that limitation.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There are no dimensional limits on stations. I know, since both of the past stations I've worked on were exceeding 1000x1000 in dimensions. Chances are, you placed too many at once and triggered many segments to be loaded, which the game didnt do properly.

Each segment is 16x16x16 blocks (like a Minecraft chunk almost), and sometimes they just dont load correctly. If you fool around with them, you can sometimes force them to load, or you could try reloading the game, or in some cases waiting. But yeah, there are no restrictions size-wise.

Reaction score
    Your game hasn't finished loading the blocks you placed before. A quick fix to this is to place 1 block on the furthest block out that you can mess with

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Perhaps your station is too near the edge of the sector. You can't build across a sector boundary.