Iapetus Heavy Industries and Shipyards (IHIS)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Nice to see that some things haven't changed while I was gone.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Is it just me or if you add a stock this looks like a futuristic assault rifle? :p

Nice design :D

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ive blown up/captured a couple of those mantacore. very nice ships, the interior is very sparse and militaristic but i like that in a ship

that arc reactor ended up being a huge weakness in the old system however as it created a nice place for missle shots to hit the core without having to eat though a bunch of ship first. the new system however should render that weakness relativly moot though meaning its back to being a pretty awesome centerpiece for the ship. Ive always admired the rector designs in those models.

overall i loved the work put into all the TE ships, they were always some of my favorite ships that were actually used in fleet fights. very functional and quite powerful for their size, and above all else constantly changing and being optimised.

ii could tell alot of effort and love went into making them more than the usual flying cubes that are typically seen and i always respected the work put into them.

Reactions: Incap
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Is it just me or if you add a stock this looks like a futuristic assault rifle? :p

Nice design :D
    I'm starting to embrace the whole 'space guns with engines' thing so I'm making the gun part even bigger this time.

ive blown up/captured a couple of those mantacore. very nice ships, the interior is very sparse and militaristic but i like that in a ship

that arc reactor ended up being a huge weakness in the old system however as it created a nice place for missle shots to hit the core without having to eat though a bunch of ship first. the new system however should render that weakness relativly moot though meaning its back to being a pretty awesome centerpiece for the ship. Ive always admired the rector designs in those models.

overall i loved the work put into all the TE ships, they were always some of my favorite ships that were actually used in fleet fights. very functional and quite powerful for their size, and above all else constantly changing and being optimised.

ii could tell alot of effort and love went into making them more than the usual flying cubes that are typically seen and i always respected the work put into them.
    Did the ship have a hole or was the reactor enclosed? We phased out the ring style reactors in favour of a fully enclosed armored reactor because of that very problem. I've had lots of people call the reactor a glaring weakness ever since they first rolled into production, but I stuck with it because it gave the ships their unique character and personality.

But thank you for the appreciation of the TE's style. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm starting to embrace the whole 'space guns with engines' thing so I'm making the gun part even bigger this time.

Did the ship have a hole or was the reactor enclosed? We phased out the ring style reactors in favour of a fully enclosed armored reactor because of that very problem. I've had lots of people call the reactor a glaring weakness ever since they first rolled into production, but I stuck with it because it gave the ships their unique character and personality.

But thank you for the appreciation of the TE's style. :)
    i had one with the exposed ring and one with the covered ring :P, there was extensive damage to both so it wasnt the best way to take a look at the ship.

i honestly love fights against ships like this, so much love put into them really makes all the difference.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Sorry for the lack of updates or any progress to speak of on the Typhon-class Battleship. I've been busy with work and the courses I've been taking to become a fully qualified electrician. The tension is off a little now so I can start on the ships shell based on the drawing up above. A few changes and additions will be made, notably the large golden figure head of the Imperial Navy.

IT WILL NOT BE A SHIP FIT FOR PVP. So if I do upload it, I don't want people complaining about it being shite in a fight. Seriously, I've said it so anyone who makes this mistake will not get any sympathy.

The ship will have a target length of 800 metres (possibly bigger), have 3 Cerberus-class Gun Emplacements as it's main armament, 8 Orthus-class Gun Emplacements making up the secondary battery and a network of point defence guns. While it has the gun emplacements, it will also have the 6 Thanatos-class mass driver cannons in the prow and 16 Erebus-class nuclear missile silos located on the top, above the command gondola.

Last edited:

ASM

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Wooooo! It looked so much better when it appeared in my sector too! :O

There is one thing that those screenshots are missing, well there is a glimpse but "show sum reactor plis"!