Iapetus Heavy Industries and Shipyards (IHIS)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Since I've decided to take a break from the Starmade community server-side and no longer get involved with factions, I have decided to open a shipyard. While I'm sure my greatest customer will remain the Tartaran Empire, I will also be offering my services to other factions looking for a little bit of heavy machinery.

Ships:

'Scylla' Cruiser (leashed to the Tartaran Empire, not available for download)
    Current mainline cruiser used by the Tartaran Empire, the Scylla is the staple model of IHIS engineering and features the latest and most powerful version of the Arc Reactor currently in service. A MKII variant is in the works which adds small carrier ability to the design and features enhanced firepower.

Showcase Shots:

Technical Shots:

The Arc Reactor is the sole provider of energy generation to the vessel. The Reactor is a massive construct that generates power by utilizing Chronusite, and spins it at high speeds that warps and contracts the very fabric of space it ecompasses. The arcs of electricity seen in the middle are not arcing from one side to the other, but are in fact arcing out from the centre. This compression of space, creates a Zero Point where particles are constantly smashing into each other at near light speed, and an effect similar to the Big Bang is observed. This energy is then collected and harnessed to power the ships weapons, systems and sub-luminal drives. The Reactor is also capable of releasing this energy by contracting the space to billions of tonnes of pressure and using it to simulate a slingshot effect that is capable of propelling the ship to FTL speeds.

Weapon Shots:

The Scylla's main armament consists of 6 large calibre beam cannons with an effective range of nearly 3km. Under this is a pair of heavy torpedo launchers.

The Scylla is also equipped with 32 partially hidden missile launchers

A compliment of 8 Orthus Light Cannon Batteries form the main bulk of the Scylla's independent gun battery set up.

These are further complimented by 3 Cerberus Medium Cannon Batteries.

--More to come soon!--

Ordering a Ship:

IHIS is more than willing to except orders for ship designs. However, if the faction who ordered want it exclusively, I have an obligation to not release the blueprint to anyone outside of the faction who ordered it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Very nice solid design. Can we get more screenshots maybe? :)
    I will when Imgur stops playing up. I'll also be expanding the first post to include a selection of ships available for download in gray hull, so people can repaint them at their leisure. Also, including a work order so people can detail what kind of ship they want such as the dimensions.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I can not Unsee it o Ao
    All of your Ships look like Steam punky Steamboats to me now xD Big Paddle wheel and all!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I love it. A lot. The color scheme especially. It looks very similar to some of my ships, to boot.

Again, love it. Props.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I can not Unsee it o Ao
    All of your Ships look like Steam punky Steamboats to me now xD Big Paddle wheel and all!
    I'd hardly say "steam-punky" is the right term. More like a sci-fi version of a steamboat, given the coloring scheme. But yeah, that's a fine-looking ship.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Aye, Steam punk is a bad match, but its what I was thinking at the time, so I typed it out without thinking xD

Incap's Ships have always had this sense of Awe about them, that other ships dont seem to get :/

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Beautiful ship Incap, I want to see more of your work. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Updated the first post. The showcase will feature multiple screenshots of the ship from multiple angles, while the technical shots will feature any unique features the ship might have. Weapons shots speaks for itself really.

Reactions: TheBlueThunder

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There is a 20 picture limit per Post Incap :u just FYI

But dem Angles * ^*

Reaction score
    I love your builds, that is a so elegant design. Would you consider uploading an older or different model (like the Scylla Destroyer)?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Wouldn't the Arc Reactor be a massive weak point?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Wouldn't the Arc Reactor be a massive weak point?
    Yes. No. Maybe.

It's not like most of the ships built by a lot of people haven't got glaring weaknesses anyway. I like to think that a weakness helps define character. If I wanted a ship that didn't have a glaring weakness, I'd build a cube.

And look at most mainstream Sci-Fi, like Star Trek. The nacelles on Federation ships present a nice target, and the bridge of most Klingon ships are connected to the main body by a really thin neck that contains the ship's main plasma conduit that has a habit of exploding.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Iapetus Heavy Industries and Shipyards will be adding screenshots of the new Chimera Frigate configuration. The Frigate comes with hanger space for small craft such as shuttles, small fighters or dropships. The Chimera's main roles will consist of patrol, interception, troop transport and light assaults.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Iapetus apologizes for the delay in unveiling the Chimera Class Assault Frigate. Built for the Tartaran Empire, the Chimera is a front line vessel that is also well suited for very light carrier and troop transport roles. The Chimera measures at 223m, weighs in at 19k mass and costs 90million credits.

The Chimera is also the first ship to feature the new model of Orthus Light Beam Batteries. 4 of them are mounted on the chassis.

Forward fire power is provided by the TE's standard configuration Erebus Pattern beam cannons, light calibre model. The Chimera features 6 of these, as well 2 artillery cannons.

A vertical launch missile silo on the top of the ship provides excellent missile coverage for use against large targets such as enemy capital-class ships.

And lastly, the docking areas on the Chimera are on both sides, and are large enough to accommodate most small craft such as 2 Siren Dropships (pictured here), 4 Naiad Light Fighters and shuttle craft.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    That is just mean, showing us those cool ships and not letting us play with them. :D

Also, really like those turrets!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    And look at most mainstream Sci-Fi, like Star Trek. The nacelles on Federation ships present a nice target, and the bridge of most Klingon ships are connected to the main body by a really thin neck that contains the ship's main plasma conduit that has a habit of exploding.
    So true. I always aim for the thin sections when playing Star Trek Bridge Commander. It feels so satisfying because it's such a huge weakness, but so stylistic of Trek. Seeing them float away in battle is so cool and I can't wait until break off is more stable in Star Made to start doing that.

But yeah, awesome looking flaws give a ship character.

Got any interior shots of that bad boy? I like Chimera a lot, especially the way you mix hull types to break up the monotony.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    That is just mean, showing us those cool ships and not letting us play with them. :D

Also, really like those turrets!
    They may be released in the future, if the Tartaran Empire ever replaces them with newer and better models.

Also, the new Harpy Interceptor has come off the production line. 50 mass, 17m long and wide, and 5m high, and only at the cheap cost of 630k credits, the interceptor boasts high speed, low drag performance. Designed as a cheap and easily replaceable light fighter as opposed to its expensive and unwieldy predecessor.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    So true. I always aim for the thin sections when playing Star Trek Bridge Commander. It feels so satisfying because it's such a huge weakness, but so stylistic of Trek. Seeing them float away in battle is so cool and I can't wait until break off is more stable in Star Made to start doing that.

But yeah, awesome looking flaws give a ship character.

Got any interior shots of that bad boy? I like Chimera a lot, especially the way you mix hull types to break up the monotony.
    Ah sure, here's some interior shots of the Chimera (all of it actually)

I'm sort of adding more, but I don't want the shield strength getting compromised.