I was out, then I rebooted. Now I'm playing again. thanks.

Reaction score
    After taking over a hour to kill two enemy ships I think I'll go back to playing WOW and STO, until something else changes.

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    After taking over a hour to kill two enemy ships I think I'll go back to playing WOW and STO, until something else changes.
    Wow. It seems you are unaware Schine is currently busy balancing the weapons? And that you can simply go into the server .cfg and edit weapon+shield values...

Honestly, I would not give up on the game just because of a premature update release screws with the weapons a bit.

And if the weapons do not get balanced as you wish, I'd say: If it won't be done for you, do it yourself, and if you don't want to do it, you are lazy. ;)

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I seriously doubt it took you an hour to kill two isanths, and if it did, you need something better to do with your time and some better guns.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    He never said they were Isanths. :p Could also be custom server enemies. Or players.
    Can't blame anyone for facing big big dreadnoughts and failing to make a dent.

The point is not: Ehrmegerd, he lost from Isanths~! (or any other similar failship)
    The point is: You can change the weapons as you wish. So don't complain about something if you can act wisely instead.

Also Dave586 , ships are not intended to go all one-man-army anymore. Fleets with different roles are MUCH more important now. So don't even bother telling us you had a hard time one-manning 2 pirates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Well, if you don't even take the time to revamp your weapons after a WEAPONS update then idk what to say... Don't call for "imbalanze!" because you're too lazy to remake a ship. Or even just pair your weapons together.

Sorry if this sounds harsh :p

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    The difference is: Before the update AMCs were overpowered. Now shields win against plain weapons, requiring you to make use of effects and supposedly different types of weapons.

Reaction score
    Balance will come around, the shields changed, the weapons changed, it will need some time. Have faith.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    u just need to get creative with your weapons outlines. for me I'm really loving the stop/pull effects.

also anyone notice that in the latest version explosion effects no longer have the push effect?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I had... similar issues with the elite drones and other 'dense' pirates from Infinite Havoc, mostly because of really low AMC speed and non-convergeance on beams. However, those are bugs, and will be fixed.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The difference is: Before the update AMCs were overpowered. Now shields win against plain weapons, requiring you to make use of effects and supposedly different types of weapons.
    The thing is now AMCs suck and shields are OP.

Reaction score
    Perhaps my first statement was made in haste and in the wrong tone.

i think Schema and the team have done a wonderful job so far on the game.

For clarification-

It was a ship that I had retrofitted after spending a few hours reviewing and testing weapon technology. The biggest problems were -
    - convergence- the weapon fire would simply bypass the target if it was closer than 300m
    -deviation - my turrets couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at less than 100m - they did really good destroying the floating asteroids around the base - but they failed miserably at hitting anything of value - yes these were *new* turrets. The base turrets also had the same issue. I had a wonderful light show - but it took a while - maybe not a hour - but longer than 20 minutes to kill some upgraded Isanth's ships - I play on the Just game server.

I'm not really a big PvP person - EVE cured me of that disease.

Yes I know the game is always in a state of change - I just feel this update needed a little more improvement before release. Between the weapons and my broke salvaging ship - it was the straw that broke my back.

As it stands right now - until the convergence issues are fixed, as well as the deviation, not to mention shields and salvaging - there isn't much to playing Starmade for me other than testing the patches as they are released.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The amount of rage generated from your single one liner is

Nice job Dave586! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    Good bye and have fun. Let us know if the next wow expansion is any good. When your feeling better and maybe after an update or two come back, we will still be here.:)

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I'm out for the time being, as well. My friends and I had been waiting for this big update before jumping back into the game, and I was the guinea pig who came back to test it. I spent the last week figuring out the changes and building out a new capital ship. I'd gotten a large chunk of the hull done, and mounted some defensive cannon turrets. That might have been the mistake. When a couple of pirates flew by my turrets engaged them. They hosed down the pirate, but after ten minutes it became obvious they were ineffective. The target was sitting in an adjacent sector, and while I was seeing regular damage numbers, a closer inspection revealed that the Isanth was totally intact. Soon after that, a pack of pirate Isanths showed up and joined the fray. Some of these carried missile launcher. In short order my capital ship was reduced to a mass of glowing craters and the remnants of the turrets were spinning off into space.

It seems, having had that experience, that I might want to wait a little longer until they get the AI and weapons ironed out a bit more. That was about 50 million credits and a week of effort lost in about a minute's time, with my defenses completely nullified because of problems firing across a sector boundary.

Reactions: Ithirahad