I did my Votes.

Reaction score
    Honestly: revealing who you have voted for is a very bad idea and wrong on multiple levels - don't do it. I guess this (and the other similar) thread is just here to ignite discontent... successful as far as i see.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Honestly: revealing who you have voted for is a very bad idea and wrong on multiple levels - don't do it. I guess this (and the other similar) thread is just here to ignite discontent... successful as far as i see.
    not to mention against the law/rules,both in real life and here
    (well,at least it should be banned here too)

Reactions: Criss
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    I know in the US it's more of a taboo than it is an actual law. However, it's becoming more and more commonplace.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    not to mention against the law/rules,both in real life and here
    (well,at least it should be banned here too)
    These kinds of threads have been around for a few days now, if Schine was against them, then they would not have lasted this long.

It's bad because it can sway votes in a certain direction, but the STV system is suppose to counter stuff like that I think. Might have a slight impact, but I don't see it bein a huge issue.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think you all missed what I am saying. Videos are not my only criteria, a person had a cat picture and I voted for them. However, the video part. If you have time to make, edit and unload a video NOW thats means when you get on the council you will have time to be bridging. If you don't have time now, how are you suppose to do it? You can't thats how. And every party is supposed to be help promoting the game.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Yes, because I don't make videos, surely I do not have any free time at all. People are very very busy playing the game, and thus are far too busy to represent the Community. People are too busy running servers, and thus can not represent the Community. People are realist, and realize that they can not make good videos, thus can not represent the Community. People do not have the money to start a channel, thus can not represent the community.

My god that is narrow minded. The hell was the point making a thread and telling people to change your vote when the only people you will ever vote for is the ones you already have. "Pay more attention to me please".

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, because I don't make videos, surely I do not have any free time at all. People are very very busy playing the game, and thus are far too busy to represent the Community. People are too busy running servers, and thus can not represent the Community. People are realist, and realize that they can not make good videos, thus can not represent the Community. People do not have the money to start a channel, thus can not represent the community.

My god that is narrow minded. The hell was the point making a thread and telling people to change your vote when the only people you will ever vote for is the ones you already have. "Pay more attention to me please".
    You don't need money to start a youtube channel, just time, OBS is free, windows live movie maker is free, you don't need a mic, just paint and text.

I am not looking for attention, that is what you seem to be doing since you are making a huge fuss over this one quirk. Its like getting annoyed by a single small beep in the midst of a huge orkistra.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I am not looking for attention, that is what you seem to be doing since you are making a huge fuss over this one quirk. Its like getting annoyed by a single small beep in the midst of a huge orkistra.
    You made a thread to advertise who you are voting. That is literally what this all is. You do not listen to logic, only your own heavily set opinion. The entire thread is a farce, because the sole 'purpose' of the thread is non-existent. It's akin to someone asking everyone to change their favorite meal, yet refusing to try anything new. The other "change my vote" had some purpose, because people got to talking about reasons.

This is solely focused on "can they youtube", which means absofuckinglutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, because the game isn't really to be publicized and advertised everywhere. The more yoggers and Pewds you bring in now, the more you hurt the game in the long run, that much should be obvious from the recent steam flop and yogswarm and a little brainwork.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, so I did a youtube search for "Starmade PvP". All of the results but two on the first two pages were older than 6 months. The two that were not older than that were about Arena-style PvP, the most recent one was actually about astronaut PvP. I would say that there's a gross underrepresentation of one of the most common types of PvP; impromptu, factional combat. The balance between weapons is already awful; I could go on for PAGES about the poor quality, but I'll say this much. Weapons are currently balanced towards being able to easily hit (75%< of the time) your target. The most effective weapon combo for doing this is missile + beam. This is why nobody uses beams/cannons; why use those when you can park 15km out from the target and unload 5 missiles? This isn't fun and it isn't balanced. If you want 30 videos of arena combat that's your prerogative, but it wouldn't effectively display the disparities between weapons right now.

I am a college student. I live paycheck to paycheck. I do not have the resources to record videos at an acceptable quality. In fact, BDLS recorded the video; all I did was make the youtube channel. However, I was in command of a fleet of 10-15 ships engaging a fleet that size, and I have led other fleet actions since then. Most of these were sudden, providing no time to set up recording software, or nobody in the fleet had access to recording software. This is why I am relying on an audio format for the fireside chats. If you want to judge a candidate purely on their ability to record ingame footage, that's your deal. I cannot say the same for myself.
    About the balancing, they are trying there hardest. You can go through the config and balance it yourself. If you are happy with it, send in a copy to the devs and if they feel like its better they man take or cannibalize it for the game.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429739473,1429739328][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You made a thread to advertise who you are voting. That is literally what this all is. You do not listen to logic, only your own heavily set opinion. The entire thread is a farce, because the sole 'purpose' of the thread is non-existent. It's akin to someone asking everyone to change their favorite meal, yet refusing to try anything new. The other "change my vote" had some purpose, because people got to talking about reasons.

This is solely focused on "can they youtube", which means absofuckinglutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, because the game isn't really to be publicized and advertised everywhere. The more yoggers and Pewds you bring in now, the more you hurt the game in the long run, that much should be obvious from the recent steam flop and yogswarm and a little brainwork.

I am defending my point, you are defending yours. I am wanting real proof of why you want me to vote for him, but you are not giving me anything, from the sounds of it its only your personal opinion of why.

Kojinus

Feline Overlord
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Let's go ahead and calm things down in here guys. It's possible to disagree without being rude to people over their opinions.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

I almost broke my mouse by smashing that agree button.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429751644,1429751576][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I must admit, that's an amazing image XD

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I actually voted for the ones who likes survival because I like it too (with Gamel at 1st place). So they will be good representantives of me in council and thats how voting should work imho.