Hulls in realistic texturepack

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Am I only one who thinks that normal hulls in realistic texturepacks looks odd?
    This design makes no sense...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    if you meant the one line up the middle then no you aren't the only one that thinks its stupid looking.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Moved to General Discussion as it's not a suggestion. Discuss away :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not only does it look bad, not only is there significant distruption of smooth lines, but it's also a pain to count blocks with it since they are divided in half.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    If you have a problem with the textures, fix it, and show screen shots of something you think would look better. the new textures are a drastic improvement over the old ones.

Reaction score
    Its a lot better than the old texture, those hulls looked like a bunch of iron bars screwed together by 3-year-olds.

EDIT: OK, I'll bite*. its my new signature.
    *user does not claim to have any idea what saying "I'll bite" means.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I personally don't like how it's tiled for a single direction, this creates inconsistency. You could have long or short lines depending on the structure. The base texture itself is great though if it was broken up better.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Its a lot better than the old texture, those hulls looked like a bunch of iron bars screwed together by 3-year-olds.
    I actually kind of liked the old hulls. The normal looked like a bunch of scrap thrown together for makeshift armor, while hardened looked better constructed.

The textures themselves were bad, yeah, but I liked the "vibe" of sorts they had.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If you have a problem with the textures, fix it, and show screen shots of something you think would look better. the new textures are a drastic improvement over the old ones.
    New textures are better than old because new ones are in high res + normalmap. I'm speaking that new textures of hulls looks bad by design.
    II may suggest I would change them to tiles.
    Like there: http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o396/Tankman40k/starmade-screenshot-0001_zps7fd7c2bb.png~original
    It will be easy to make and will just looks better. While it will be still easy to build with it.

Anyway hardened hulls looks good. And they looks like they are really hardened.

PS: I liked old textures too. Maybe Schema could add new hull type? Let's name it... Scrapp Hulls? And give them old texture of hulls but in high quality+normals.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don't like the hard hulls in realistic because they have too many tiny tiles. Otherwise everything else looks better than all other texture packs.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The line in the middle of normal hull looks pretty nice, to me... Either way, I DO dislike the hardened hull bathroom tiles; they should just get some kind of slight hexagonal pattern and otherwise be smooth.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I personally think that it looks great and even better than hardened hull when used on big scale structures. Hardened hull looks more... hardened. Normal looks like some generic building material, as it should be. As therimmer mentioned, it looks much, much, MUCH better than the old regular hull.

HOWEVER, if I was Kupu I'd chop that middle line in two and stick the two halves on both sides of the block. It would make more sense and delimit blocks better.