How to Make Windows Server

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, I've just downloaded this. I've scoured this site and the Starmade files to not find how to set up a server. I'm using Hamachi as an IP address but actually setting up and running a server is completely lost on me. If you could help, that'd be great. Thanks!

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi, you can launch the server from the launcher with the \"start dedicated server\" button

Reaction score
    Personally what I would do is the following :

1. Open the launcher and install or update
    2. Close the launcher
    3. Open the Starmade folder
    4. Right click edit the dedicated server batch file
    5. Before the java line add :
      @ECHO OFF
      :restart
    6. After the java line add :
      goto restart
    7. Save and close the batch file
    8. Double click the batch file to start the server.

What this will do is make sure the server is up to date first, then the edits to the batch file will make sure that the server if it crashes will auto restart itself so less maintanence is needed. The downside to this is that when you shut the server down naturally it will try and restart it so you need to watch the console for when it finishes its shutdown process and manually close the console, this is true for when you need to update.

Keep in mind every update will rewrite the batch file, so if you wish to keep the restart portion in there you will need to add it again after each update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    @ECHO OFF :restart java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -Xincgc -Xshare:eek:ff -jar StarMade.jar -server goto restart

Is that how its done? im tryign to figure out how to make a server as well

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, the list will be blank till someone joins it. It just shows you who is online. My problem with the batch file is it cant run the server correctly, it will crash everytime but thats just me. If you want people who cant connect to LAN, make sure to port foward the port \"4242\" and then find out what your ip is.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Guys, could someone run me through the whole setting up of a server? I get some SQL error when I launch it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i port forwarded 4242 and i went to ip chiken to find my public ip and when i give it to my friends even though i have the dedicated server up they still can not join any thing else i need to do

ive done the same thing with minecraft with no problems any help will be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
    know what would be great? if the dedicated server actuly launched the game after creating the dedicated server and tell you the fupin IP address withought the needs to risk to download an external program JUST to find some numbers wich most likely wont work in the end -_-

Reaction score
    You dont need to use external programs to find out your ip, type into google IP and it will show you the computers ip

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Quick note:

A) this is not a helpful/meaninful message in any way so if you are having the same issues as me don\'t read this...

B) Otherwise, does this \"dedicated server\" have its own unique ip that is generated along with the server, or is it the same as the router its hooked up to.

C) Its a fantastic game for an alpha! If only there were more types of enemy/ally ships and that you could find more types of stations.

D) Keep up the good work guys

ilandprnce

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i am in the exact same boat as you mate do you have to port forward coz i reallly dont want to............

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    port forward 4242, i wont tell you how when there are a thousand videos on youtube telling you how.

start your dedicated server.

start the laucher again and select start game

just leave it at localhost:4242 and it will connect you to your server.

And others can connect using the ip you find when serching \"whats my ip\" with the suffix :4242

I would like others to test and give their results. In game details can be found by looking through admin commands (like adding protection to a sector)