How to Make Windows Server

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    at first i tested it with another computer inside my network, now i had a friend join and it was fine

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Phili I\'ve tried that dozens of times with 6 different friends giving them my IP with the :4242 port attatched to it, none of them can connect. I tried installing this on my laptop and connecting to my server that way and not even that connected. Your gaurantee isn\'t worth much...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some ideas here sounded like they would work... until I read further down the page... people need to know what will universally work (that is for windows, brands of routers, IPs, ports, use or diseuse of Hamachi or PortForward, and other such variables (yes, those are actually variables that can mess up the process of connectivity, I would say that a cinder block wall between you and your router would mess it up, but it messes with connection to the router, which messes with the connection to servers). I reccomend the use of PortForward and Hamachi, mainly because it simplifies everything a lot. PortForward makes your router\'s IP address static, therefore making the use of ports easier. Hamachi kinda makes a connection between computers, and makes connecting to local server games (such as Garry\'s Mod and Minecraft) much easier.

Use Hamachi to find your IPv4 address instead of online \"IP finders\", because I know someone who got hacked via his IP, after he use one (they do work, but some may not necessarily be trustworthy, use with caution).

Test each variable (not physical, code variables!), and let everyone know what works, and what dosen\'t

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    To set the server up you have to make your router a server. You type in your routers ip in your browser and you manage it. You type in your IP and Port and connect it to this website, the ip links to this website and it becomes public and connectable to any player that wants to be on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    launch ur deditcated server with hamachi installed and open on a network of yours.

Then to connect to it for other people put [HAMACHI ID HERE] then :4242 so for example 23.154.675.124:4242 [this hamachi network number was made up and coincidences i apologise for]

your friends need to put in that number in starmade multiplayer ip section hoped this helped

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Hey everyone.

Im trying to set up a server and tried everything already from port forwarding to hamachi.

My friend can run a server on hamachi and I can join his. He tells me he launches the batch file from the folder but there is a problem with mine. When I want to launch it it immediatly closes. I also put the @echo off thing in there properly but that also doesnt seem to work.

Any Ideas how to fix it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been trying to host a server over hamachi and on starmade wiki it just says to launch the dedicated server through the launcher and join with the hamachi IP, but that doesn\'t make any sense, as the server needs to set the IP somehow. I can join my own server but my buds can\'t join me, so i guess the standard IP for the server is the regular LAN IP (192.168...), so how can i change the server IP to the actual Hamachi address (25...)?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, no need to answer. You can change the IP manually in the file \"server.cfg\" in the starmade directory under \"SERVER_LISTEN_IP\". Cheers.