how do we promote, encourage, and increase more public faction.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    now I think of it.
    I remember Ridik making some sort of intergalactic station with houses representing almost all factions.
    Sadly I never got to built the TE house there.
    So resurrecting this idea might be good.
    It would be a good way for newcomers to walk around looking at each factions design and small important things could be written on display blocks inside the buildings.
    Only problem I see is where to have this build and how to make sure that people who are looking for a good faction will find it and look around.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There's nothing set. Just run with w/e works for you. I'm just tossing out there what I've already tried. Or tried to try. X3
    We would need an official SM server if we were to try this on a scale that is meaningful and impact full. Spawn the eternal space city, where the main and small factions trade and talk. For any faction to want to have people and use the city they must have reasons to go there. This of course would mean players would be some what RP like on the server. But for it to be SM official server it can showcase the marvel of what it's players can build and capture anyone's imagination. Factions how's member and system control have more standing and power in the city, As war suggested. A Faction council can be made for bullshit, talks, rules, and where a faction gains their standing. A small faction that is effective, has good standing, and good members can have higher status and power than a larger faction there. Thus the political games consumes and rotates around.

Many servers are to small and everyone would want this if it would work on their server. But many would not want someone else to have it or they want the control. Something of this size if it is to work, must be done on a scale that makes people want to go their.
    Now people will still have their own servers. Which is fine, it is good to have build servers to protect your assets.
    We are divided factions playing on divided servers. If we had one server that would be a option to play on. I think the factions would grow stronger as we all play together and spawn in many others to continue playing as the server and game grows.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Well my involvement began a few posts back and ends here. This is something for the community to build. A project like this demands to be shared and revised. Build one for your needs then put it in the community content. The hub should become as unique as the server hosting it. More template than some soulless, pre-manufactured cookie cutter job. Build it. Populate it. The users it is built for will fill in the rest. Whatever it lacks they will fill in. Whatever goes beyond their needs will get cut away.

After all, it's for the users of that server. Not the macro-community.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would even throw in 5 bucks to see the sever be started once one is made and becomes official by schine.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418676316,1418676036][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well my involvement began a few posts back and ends here. This is something for the community to build. A project like this demands to be shared and revised. Build one for your needs then put it in the community content. The hub should become as unique as the server hosting it. More template than some soulless, pre-manufactured cookie cutter job. Build it. Populate it. The users it is built for will fill in the rest. Whatever it lacks they will fill in. Whatever goes beyond their needs will get cut away.

After all, it's for the users of that server. Not the macro-community.
    If you have more ideas that supports the main idea of this thread by all means don't end your involvement here, as the more ideas we obtain the better our chances are of success. Increasing our efforts and finding what works requires some time and effort for those who get involved.