Handheld weapon modular building/customisation (Other decorative items) repost from old forum.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Because Star-Made is an Minecraft inspired game they should have weapons from Mojang's 3rd party game Cobat. (Oxeye Game Studio pretty much owns Cobalt so you would need to ask them and maybe Mojang too.)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm very much for everyone having a basic jetpack from the get go with various equipment pieces enhancing it later. as well innate personal shields.

my vision is that everyone from the start has basic personal shielding (much like all ship cores now have basic shields and regen), as well as the ability to sprint in gravity and use a thruster pack when not. (i've suggested this before) both actions drain the energy meter for balancing reasons.

apart from equipment like helmets and weapons we also have a equip slot for extensions which will act like a accessory slot. this will be for various ability boosters like "Thruster Overdrive" which will increase the speed of your sprint/thrust but will deplete your energy reserves faster, "Auxiliary Battery" will increase your overall energy reserves, and 2 shield extensions "Shield Booster/Regenerator" will increase the shields capacity/regen rate respectively.

this by no means would make us into ships like Lecic said. but giving players more range of movement and control over how we maneuver the world can go along way
    Yeah, this is something I would like to see. What I'm arguing against is the CONSTRUCTION of suits and such from blocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Yeah, this is something I would like to see. What I'm arguing against is the CONSTRUCTION of suits and such from blocks.
    i understand that.

thats what i was trying to say too. although i didn't clearly state it. that the only things that we should have in terms of customizable equipment should be weapons.

anything else is pointless or could just be achieved with additions to the player skin.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    VOXEL

VOXEL

VOXEL

VOXEL

I WAAAAAAAANT this.

I've drawn up rifle ideas hoping this would be implemented. Ironically enough, Halo stole my ideas and made the light rifle a few months later.

In all seriousness, I would love to see non ship-based gameplay become a thing. Right now it is ships, ships, and more ships. You want to hurt something? Ships. You want to do things? Ships. You want to do PvP? Ships. I want to see boarding parties and invasions made possible as a legitimite strategy.

Reactions: PizzaPress
    Reaction score
    I love this idea! I also really want furniture for making my ship more appealing, such as making offices, discussion areas, cafeterias, ect.. Every part of this idea is amazing. However you didn't mention if it would be possible to make beds. It'd be cool if that was a separate item, and could be in multiple types:
    1: A "bunker" bed that hangs off the wall.
    2: A more classic, wooden bed. Good for cottages, but not very high tech and usually doesn't fit with the theme.
    3: A medical bed that would heal you quicker as you slept in it (more on effects of beds shortly).
    4: Custom bed, using the voxel system. You can edit most parts of it but it needs to be big enough for a player to lay in it.
    5: Multi-colored, high-tech bed. Good for ships or space stations.

Beds would heal you over time, and medical beds would heal you faster. Perhaps it would pass time quicker if nobody else was nearby.

It'd also make boarding more interesting. I think it would be cool if there was a teleporter computer and teleporters, which would allow you to teleport into ships, in an empty area. The teleporter computer would need to be connected to teleporters, which when you stand on them can teleport you. The computer is activated, and if someone is on the teleporters and another ship is nearby (within 100 KM perhaps) you are teleported. Then, use your weapons to take out everyone and everything (feel free to polish this idea).

Again, awesome idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    everyone seems to dislike the armor being craftable, but I say why not a compromise, have the space suit at least be as said customizable as a skin. keep it as the helmet is now and make just the other gear editable with the voxel based crafting?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I like the idea of craft able armor. Why don't other people like it?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I like the idea of craft able armor. Why don't other people like it?
    Because you can accomplish the same thing with skins.

Unless you mean for it to modify stats as well, then the issue is that people make themselves overpowered with a supersuit.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    PizzaPress , would you care to elaborate on why you disagree with my on the topic of "players should not be able to make themselves into fighter ships with their suit and jetpack"?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    EDIT/PS: Sorry, didn't get around to posting quick enough to explain.
    Why can't you be Iron Man? Anyway, it depends what you mean as a fighter. 50 blocks or 500 blocks? You wouldn't have a gigantic wingspan, sure, but you could be somewhat of a fighter-mech. Anything bigger than a 15 mass ship would likely be impractical, and be better off building a ship.
    Onto original post.

Overpowered with a super suit? Maybe. But you would move and turn slower with a bigger suit, the biggest you can get would probably be a relatively small mech. The larger suits would be the bridge between unarmored/lightly armored and a ship-mech large enough for actual detail. (By the way, thin hull plates would be nice for small fighters.)

Large mech got you down? Equip a stealthy and/or nimble suit and a saber, backstab for massive damage(or just evade and slash if no backstab. Shorter-range swords could do more damage, all the way down to a plasma torch useful for destroying blocks with ease). On that subject, now I want wave-swords as medium-short range weapon.

Some small equipment and armor could be integrated, not requiring a visible/hitboxed suit. This would let you keep your skins. It'd probably be too expensive for its effect to make a gigantic mech anyways. For visuals, you can't change player size at all, so you need a suit for a Space Marine.
    EDIT2:Larger mechs would probably be the size of an AT-PT or an A-wing. It'd start to get expensive and impractical at this point. Certainly no bigger than an AT-ST.(note that most of the mass is in the top, I'm not referring to a solid block with the dimensions of these examples.)